Notices

I'm passing the line but up against it!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm passing the line but up against it!

So, on Wednesday I was rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack. Got out on the Thursday after finding out the was little chance of a repeat as long as I was looking after myself and taking it easy. Anyway, Friday morning I woke up having a nighmare and went a bit nuts. I was threatening to kill myself and all sorts, even held a knife to me father. I had drank a bottle of rum the night before. Well, after all that, very little sleep and a night full of drama in my parents home I went out at 10am and bought a bottle of Jack Daniels and by 12mid day was out of it. I got barred from most bars in the home town as I was simply unable to stand up properly, the police kept telling me to go home home. SOmehow I got home at 2am, left all the doors open, lights on, god knows where I'd been until then.
SO my parents had a sit down with me today, and I told them I need serious help or someone is going to end up dead, either me, or someone else when I don't know what I'm doing. But they are convinced I don't need help and just need to get myself together. I am really worried about my sanity and safety, I am bruised and battered from who I don't know so god knows who I've upset. Who do I approach to help, to get into somewhere for a week or two,, just to get myself pulled together a bit and get my head switched on, it asn't supposed to be like this! I don't know what I'm doing and it isn't fair on my family.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

scrubmuncher what the hell you doing mate? I have read some of your threads your starting to lose the plot by the sounds of things. A week or 2 might help but in the long run it doesn't look good. You need AA something, anything that will stop you performing these unusual acts. The fact you are able to find this website is astounding during your hectic life. If you don't act immediately you will eventually get locked up for something and the cops won't be saying go home but your under arrest for something more serious, you get me?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with checkmate, friend. Your first step should be to your family doctor, today. If your serious about getting help, you have to be honest with him/her and take it from there. Don't wait till it's too late, do it today!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scrub, I am not trying to be insensitive, but seriously, I can barely live my life, how in the world do you manage yours!? When will enough, truly be enough?!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Scrubmuncher View Post
I am really worried about my sanity and safety, I am bruised and battered from who I don't know so god knows who I've upset. Who do I approach to help, to get into somewhere for a week or two,, just to get myself pulled together a bit and get my head switched on, it asn't supposed to be like this! I don't know what I'm doing and it isn't fair on my family.
You're in a bad way, Scrub. I know you're having difficulties deciding on proper help and being there for your family but like you say you're worried for your sanity.

I'm not sure why your parents dont share your urgency on receiving help, but no matter, you need professional help and it looks to me like you know you do already.

Talk to a doctor about your fears and worries same as you're sharing with us. Ask for help. I'm not in the UK but you can reach a doctor thru the emergency, and thru a hotline by phone will also give some directions to reach medical professionals.

Get the help you need and get it today, Scrub. I hope all the best for you.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, make a plan, talk to your dr and move forward with your recovery.

Don't listen to your parents in this case. They clearly don't understand how frightening and dangerous your situation is or they are in denial. Either way, you know what you need to do to help yourself.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to see the crisis team today, they have recommended some medication to my GP but they won't give me an appointment for 3 days more which leaves me in a heck of a situation. I still have no idea what is going on and we have another family funeral on Wednesday to deal with, thats 3 in something like 5 weeks. I had another huge shock, my credit card has been used to withdraw cash from atm machines at 3% interest, what will that be by the time my statement comes in on 26th?
I'm moving, but slowly!
I know I need to do something serious very soon!