Notices

Back to Black

Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you still seeing a counsellor Sally?
I needed an outside perspective and expert guide to help me out of my darkness.

D
Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
My life is like a wasteland..
Mine was too Sally till I got myself out of it...You can get out of there too...Remember those nice people you met..They'll be there for you....Just keep going and pretty soon you'll look forward to it...You have too much to offer your kids Sally...Just keep trying.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Im not in counselling at present. Because of NHS cuts it's incredibly hard to see a psychologist in my area. My husband was one of the last, and he hasn't been replaced yet. I saw a CBT trained nurse for a while, and it wasnt very helpful. I personally find there is a fine line between positive thinking, and just putting a pretty mask over the truth. My situation really is bleak. I suffer from severe depression, and the medication has horrific side effects. My financial situation is desperate as my husband left no life insurance. My youngest son lives at home, and cant find work as, although he is very bright, the impact of my alcoholism has shattered his confidence.
I may get a bit of money one day, when my mother dies. I dont get on with her eithet, alas. I have no other family - I'm an only child, and I live in a huge house I cant afford to keep up.
Every morning I wake up with squeezing anxiety in my guts and wonder where the hell my life went. I used to be this attractive, slim, artistic woman with a lovely husband, three gorgeous looking kids; I worked as a tefl teacher and loved it. We had enough money to travel, eat out with friends etc.
Now, in just a few years I'm this overweight aging drunk, with hardly any friends and in shock. It feels like a dream I cant wake up from. .. Ok, thats a lot of self pity from me, but at least I'm not drinking...
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to get help here too Sally...I think you have a genuine need tho.

Although I know it's the last thing you want to be, try and be a squeaky wheel...I find it gets results

D
Old 03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Sally1009

"Squeaky wheel"... I like that
Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

You're doing good today Sally...If you're not drinking...You're doing good...Maybe you'll be up for a meeting tomorrow..Hang out with those nice people...It would be good for you..