Notices

Damn this empty glass

Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damn this empty glass

Damn this glass that's constantly empty. Empty Empty Empty Schmemty. So much for day 9....
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Hey Winey, sorry to hear that. I'm not really good at saying the right thing at times like these, but I hope you come back tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fill that empty glass with water - cause WATER signifies LIFE.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sometimes it takes many attempts to get it right. I don't believe in tough love, I believe in understanding, and I understand addiction and my best wishes go out to you. Fresh start tomorrow n keep your guard up. The drink is a sneaky ba$tard. Go for 10 days good luck
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you drank again.

Can you look at what happened and learn something from it to prevent it in the future?

I wish you the best.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Random Guy

don't repeat it!

Originally Posted by WineyWinerton View Post
Damn this glass that's constantly empty. Empty Empty Empty Schmemty. So much for day 9....
Just don't let it happen again tomorrow! I know all about "oh it will only be the one day". It very rarley is just the one, not to be rude but I hope you have a hell of a hangover tomorrow and try again.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by WineyWinerton View Post
Sorry you're having hard troubles staying quit, and yet I hope you can discover your true self and change from within positively using those unavoidable struggles. You can turn all this around in a single day. It all happens in a single day for all of us.

An empty alcoholic glass is a wonderful thing.

Try again. Quitting can happen for you too.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there,

Sorry you slipped up :/ What can you learn from it? What are you doing to stay sober? Its taken me a while to get where I am now. I had a series of days 1-7 before always drinking on day 8, even while doing AA. I had to realize my triggers and try to notice them before I even got a deep craving, because once that craving set in, I always gave in.

What are your triggers? Think hard about them. For me, and it took a long time to realize this, but boredom was the largest trigger for me. I also came to realize that wildly swinging moods were a solid indicator that I would be drinking again. If I had a great day, and was loving being sober, I'd better watch out the next day, because I'd soon get the craving to drink. If I was bored, and had no plans, then too would I find myself really wanting to drink. These are just my own examples, but I'm sure you have your own.

I also came to realize that I wasn't really even fighting that hard against taking the first drink. I guess I thought it would be easy in my subconscious mind, and I didn't want to have to do anything that seemed "hard" or uncomfortable.

Once I got past this, I began to actually acquire some time sober.

Another thing that bogged me down was thinking about the long run. Like 20 years from now. I just had to learn to take it one day at a time.

F*ck day 10, Forget day 26, Who cares about year 5? You can't get there if you don't stay sober just for today. Thinking about a long term struggle can be really tough and can really demoralize you. Just deal with today, and find a program that can help you really get through those tough days.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The empty glass is the least of your worries. It does prove my theory correct, though -as it pertains to our reasoning. And what role alcohol plays in our decision making. It's dictated by choices really, something we all have to decide for ourselves. If the urge to drink is far greater than your desire to stay sober, your chances at sobriety are limited. It most likely hood, it won't last for more than a year. So choose wisely, for today. Welcome back...
Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, stay as safe as is possible and come back when you can.