Notices

Stupidest/Silliest Drunk Things We've Done

Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Stupidest/Silliest Drunk Things We've Done

This post is not meant to make fun of alcholism, it is not meant to be a joke, but I was just sitting here looking back at all the ridiculous things I've done and I cannot help but to laugh at myself.

I mean, it isn't funny that we are sick, but isn't there something you can look back on that you've done and just chuckle a little?

I was sitting here thinking about this and I just remembered a time when I thought it would be a good idea to try to play the nintendo wii while drinking......it resulted in tripping over the coffee table and laughing so hard that I nearly peed myself.

I also once played a game of yahtzee while drunk out of my mind and the next day when I sobered up and looked at the score sheet I had somehow received an even numbered score for an odd category. lol.....just things like that make me grateful i am sober today.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

nearly peed myself.

For me there was no "nearly" to it on a few occasions.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stupidest thing for me....Picking the first one up...It was all down hill from there.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Lets see Here is what I can think of so far;

Got drunk at a bar and called my regular cab driver, realised I was out of beer at the house OH NO! So I had him swing by the store (this was not the first time I had him do this) buy the beer get home and can't find my keys. Call my roomate forgeting he is away on buisness so I wake him up at 2 in the morning. and proceed to pass out in my doorway cradeling my 18 pack of beer. I had dropped my keys taking them out of my pocket and didn't realize it. I slept on top of them without noticing.

Walked through a glass door one time Luckly my head hit first and it bounced me back a little because it wasn't saftey glass and I honestly could have really hurt myself.

Took a shower and slipped hitting my head first on the toilet then the floor, I took a picture of the blood running down my face in the mirror before bothering to try to stop it.

Due to lack of sleep I tend to pass out fairly quickly sometimes and have slept in some strange places i.e. on a chair in the bar, bathtub, kitchen floor, outside in 110 degrees, in my car, I also have burn holes in multiple pants from falling asleep with a cigerate in my hand.

I was hungry and tried to cook something that needed to simmer, I fell asleep for a few hours and burned it completley stank up the house and runined the pan. Could have started a fire.

Punched holes in the walls of my apartment.

Handeled a firearm, it wasn't loaded but still not something you should be doing trashed.

ordered ridiculious amounts of things online (damn you amazon recommended list)

spilled beer on just about everything including my $3000 computer.

Walked home alone in neiborhoods that I should not be in in the first place let alone at 3 in the morning and drunk, I was screaming to be mugged or worse.

Pluged electronics into the wrong voltage burning out the powersupplies.

Got kicked out of a bar because I was pounding on the bar top demanding a drink, they had stopped serving me because I was past done. I don't remember that my friend had to tell me about it the next day.

Every time I was afraid of running out of beer, so I would go and get more but never drinking it because I had already had more than enough to drink, stupid.

Other than that the normal drunken debatchery of puking, stumbling, and saying things that you regreat the next day. I think that is one of the reasons that I started drinking alone, so no one else would see this behaviour and "call me out on it". Thanks for that it made me think about what exactly I have done that really should have been wake up calls but never were. I could have killed myself on a couple of them.

INH
Old 03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Most of my things involve driving. At this point in my sobriety they aren't funny yet...just painful reminders why I shouldn't drink today.

-Waking up the next morning and realizing there were 70-80 miles on my trip odometer and wondering how I didn't kill myself last night.

-Thinking that my dog had gotten out and driving around the neighborhood for an hour before realizing she was inside sleeping.

-punching my computer screen and destroying it

- Purchasing a piece of drywall at Home Depot and driving it home hanging out of the back of my jeep blasting Lynard Skynard at 9:30pm.

- numerous attempted visits to several of my Ex's houses.

The best decision I can make today is to not pick up a drink.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stupidest: lost wife, blew entire inheritance, gave up all my dreams, became unhealthy, drove, crashed my bicycle at a very high rate of speed dislocation my shoulder, hurt many many people I love. Silly: nothing really, all just stupid.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sure I don't remember the stupidest things ...... heck, I can hardly remember the 70's and 80's.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Was at a bonfire at a private lake with some friends. Well for some dumb reason we all decided to drunkenly dance on the pallets that we were using for our bonfire. As I was dancing, one of the pallets broke and I burned my entire shoe as well as landed directly on top of a nail. That didn't stop me from partying the rest of the night, in the morning I woke up with a melted shoe and a rusty nail sticking out of my foot. So I went straight from the lake to the hospital and had to go a couple weeks with a giant hole in my foot, not exactly funny now that I think about it.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

I was trying to push/walk my Harley back into my garage after washing it, and the bike tipped over with me on it and pinned my leg against my car. I don't quite remember how I got out of that situation, but the bruises the next day were quite telling. I *still* wonder if any of my neighbours watched this unfold.

That's one of the funnier incidents I can think of. Most other incidents I can't quite laugh at yet, I'm still too ashamed.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There are plenty of stupid things that I've done. The funniest one that I can think of was while in Australia, I can't remember if it was Melbourne or Sydney. I've been to both but was so drunk the memory isn't able to pull that detail out.

A friend and I went to a bar. I remember the downstairs, which was the entry. The building had very large windows from the floor up on a wall or two. I was quite disoriented and drunk.

Took off walking like I was already outside and walked right into the glass window, smacked my forehead and whole body. It was sooooo loud. It definitely rang my bell!!! I looked down and saw a guy sitting in a chair to the left of me. I was inches from him.

I don't remember anyone laughing. I remember people just staring at me, shocked that I had tried to walk through a window.

The window made this loud "GONG!" sound. Everyone turned around and I quickly found the real exit. My friend then decided that she would use a pay phone right outside of the bar where everyone inside could sit and stare at me for about 15 minutes.

I was mortified!!! To this day, I don't trust sliding glass doors or windows that go from the ground up....even sober! lol!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Sorry blackoutgirl - I had a good chuckle at your story!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm not quite sure if this is funny, or horrible; I'm going to venture to say that it's both. There was this place that had reptiles and rodents for sale that was located a bit down the street from where I was working.
My friend and I felt bad for the animals so we decided on setting them free.
We went to the bar to "get our courage up," and ended up sort of forgetting about the animals for a while. I can't remember our tab but we sat in that dank bar for about 11 hours... when we came out we went to the place and smashed the windows and emptied all of the cages.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
I don't like these types of threads in general, so it will be going on my ignore list shortly, but before it does, I would like to throw out a bit of advice:

It is not a good idea to confess to illegal acts on a public Internet forum.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
AA member

One of the many before my drinking got so bad I rarely left my room.

In a bar in Greece,dancing on the bar and singing to Celine Dion,I vaguely thought the peole watching must be so thrilled to be in the presence of such an amazing entertainer,I fell off backwards into all the bottles behind the bar,vague memory here of hearing broken glass.I still have a scar on my foot to remind me.Yet another bar on Crete that I never went back to!
What an appaling way for a Grandmother in her 50s to behave!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Person at AA meeting

The chairperson had to qualify as an alcoholic last week, at the Sunday meeting.

He said, "I can, many ways...but try this one on...I was a black out drinker...and one Friday night I came out of a black out with a $20 bill in my hand, at my local gas station. The gas station attendant is named Mike, I've known him for 10 years.

Mike said: Hi Dan, how are you?

I said: Good Mike, and you?

Mike: Good. And I don't mind taking your $20, but NEXT time, can you please not come in and pay me, COMPLETELY NAKED.

(Dan was completely naked.)

Mike then said: "I mean, there are 4 people right in line behind you, and they might not appreciate you being naked.

Dan quickly paid, and smiled, and BLUSHED, and walked briskly back out to his car."
Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy

Every time I drank I got dumber and dumber. I can't laugh at anything I did cause I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm glad I didn't make myself permanently stupid... or permanently dead.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Drinking at a bar with a friend, I got a sudden urge to get out of town. Hopped in a taxi, went to the airport and got on a plane going to Burlington, Vermont. I'd never been there and knew no one.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
This post is not meant to make fun of alcholism, it is not meant to be a joke, but I was just sitting here looking back at all the ridiculous things I've done and I cannot help but to laugh at myself.

I mean, it isn't funny that we are sick, but isn't there something you can look back on that you've done and just chuckle a little?

I was sitting here thinking about this and I just remembered a time when I thought it would be a good idea to try to play the nintendo wii while drinking......it resulted in tripping over the coffee table and laughing so hard that I nearly peed myself.

I also once played a game of yahtzee while drunk out of my mind and the next day when I sobered up and looked at the score sheet I had somehow received an even numbered score for an odd category. lol.....just things like that make me grateful i am sober today.
Think we've all done stupid things well drunk and thought it was funny.. And embarrassing
Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

For me personally I suppose I did a million "funny/stupid" things while drunk, but when I look back all I see are dark, sad, wasted years. Really fortunate I'm alive. Very sad & I am so thankful to be sober.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I really tried to find something "funny" I did in the past years but everything "Pang" my heart as sad.