Notices

Stupidest/Silliest Drunk Things We've Done

Old 03-11-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sissy07 View Post
I was trying to think of something funny that I did when drinking to add to the conversation, but everything I can think of was either tragic, embarrassing, dangerous, or very expensive. You know, things like getting up from the couch to get another drink and falling through a glass table severing a big vein and almost dying from bleeding out, wrecking two cars in one night on the way to a bar to drink more, not even remembering the name of who I spent the night with (when I was alot younger than I am now, thank God), handing out my phone number at bars then the guys calling me and wondering why I would have given them my number. I am very fortunate to not have killed someone by accident, or killed myself. The amount of property damage and damage to others that I did while drinking....well, there is nothing funny about any of it.
It's not funny haha. Just funny sad. I wrote thousands of dollars to other drunks that I may not see a penny of...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newleaves2012 View Post
got caught several more times urinating in inappropriate places.
actually that reminded me of the earlier drinking days. my friend and I had left the bar and he knew and I knew we both had to go to the washroom. Well I said let's head back and sue the washroom and for some reason he didn't want to go back in there. Either he was afraid we'd drink more or something I don't know. We were pretty drunk by the end of the night and so I'm just about to walk back and the door was only 5 steps away when he called my name and when I turned around to look at him he was pissing on the window of a closed store!! Luckily there were no one out there smoking or something because then I laughed and unzipped and proceeded to **** on the window as well. And I still can't believe up to this day what happened next. So I'm done laughing and pissing and zip up and we're balling our eyes out when I do a full 360 turn and see someone was actually parked in a parking spot right in front of us in the drivers seat!!! His or her car was running! I freaked out and we ran for it and when felt we were "safe" we laughed our asses off how there was someone sitting there who probably just witnessed us urinate in public! Who knows if they were calling the cops or busy occupied with something else or who knows maybe they were intoxicated and behind the wheel so no police were called because it was a good 25 minute walk back to my friends house and no cops came by at all to stop us or anything. god that was stupid!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Random Guy

On the urinating in public subject I was kinda country raised and it wasn't an issue growing up, so I don't have qualms about it that many do nowadays. But guilty as charged many times, but usually I had the sense to get behind a bush or something like that so I wasn't visable in the act. Though an observant police officer could probably put two and two together to figure out why the stumbling home guy is stumbling behind the bushes next to the wall of a bank at 0200 in the morning.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sadly enough, I tried to reflect on "funny" things I did, and came up with only scary, dangerous, tragic, and humiliating events. Maybe it is in part because my attitude has changed, or because much of my memory of my earlier drinking days (when there was still some control) is gone to the wind.

Some events that might seem funny to others:

Hanging off the side of a cruise ship at 3am to show off to some Brazilians, suspended only by my two bare feet behind a guard rail. When security saw it on camera and came running out to pull me up, my left foot (Metatarsal) shattered in the process and I was on crutches the remaining 2 nights, and following month.

One winter I stayed and worked in Florida. I found myself repeatedly falling off of a bicycle at 7am, in front of morning rush traffic. I eventually landed on my face causing major road rash, and broke a bone in my right hand. At one point, I hit the ground so hard, I stayed down a good 5 minutes, listening to the cars rush past me, but stubbornly kept getting on the fail bike. I told the guys at work that I'd been in a fight.

Stumbling and falling down the aisle past probably 5 rows of seats on an airplane on my way to the restroom. Would have been allot more comforting had anyone laughed...
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

This isn't really a good thread to have on here..
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorBalcony View Post
Haha! All in good fun... Its important to be able to laugh at the past on occasion, so long as we don't dwell on it and lose track of recovery work and the future.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

On the note of singing, I used to drink and play Rock Band a lot....and I thought I was the greatest. Lol. Until my siblings uploaded videos to facebook of me being a total ass!

EDIT: yes to the person two posts up, this isn't to praise drunk behavior, it is just to remind ourselves why it is important to stay sober, so we don't do these ridiculous things ever again!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It is and it isn't. But it reminds us of where we came from. And if you can't look back and shake your head b/c we all know how stupid we must have looked. If you don't face your past you are destined to repeat it.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Holy cow how could I forget this one! Drinking every night during the same week that I was on motrin, vicodine and antibiotics because of the growing abcess I had in my knee. Guess what it didn't get better ended up going to the emergency room to have it cut out.

Mark that one down under completely ********.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The dumbest thing I ever did was to pick up another drink after I was already drunk as a skunk.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

We've all done it. But now that we know better theres no need to feel ashamed. We were sick, some of us still are, but remembering these things will help us continue to be better people.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

One thing I learned is to stay off of Facebook when you were drinking. It's worse than drinking and dialing. I think anyone on there at !:00 am has had one too many and you really can't take back what you may say there.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am not going to reiterate any of my embarrassing moments as I would kindly like to forget them but a college room mate of mine did something pretty bad and I am sure it happens all the time. Three of us shared a town house, these were all in rows and looked identical. Anyway, he came home plastered in a cab (willing to bet a million dollars I was passed out from drinking my own self silly that night, alone).

When he got out of the cab he went up to the wrong house and tried to get his key in the door, over and over again. To the point that he was sitting on the concrete porch trying to still get the key in the door (probably 3am).

He then passed out on the persons porch, woke up when the sun came up and came home. Well, around noon I answer the door and an old lady says "The tall gentlemen that lives here forgot his lighter on my porch".

Uhhh OK...I took it and shut the door, he told me what happened later. I thought that guy wasn't a drinker at all until I heard that. Another time I was helping him fix something on his computer in his room and saw a half empty 40 oz of liquor beside his bed and his hands were shaking so bad he couldn't even line the screwdriver up or even hold it and I did it for him. He had hidden it pretty good until I saw those things....I guess I hid it even better.

Another buddy of mine was out in Calgary years ago visiting a friend. He walked out of the bar and went left instead of right trying to find the house. He said it was -50 and just brutal, he walked up to some strangers house and just walked in the door. The owner called the cops (obviously) and they took him to the drunk tank. He said the cops told him he did the right thing for survival but probably should have knocked LOL.

Another buddy passed out at a party years ago, some people he didn't know drove him home and carried him onto the porch, layed him down on a love seat and left him there..problem was, it wasn't his parents house, that one was over 18 years ago but I believe he ended up in the drunk tank too.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

The 1st time I ever drank, I ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning + almost died.

The STUPIDEST thing I’ve ever done is to continue to drink for another 19 years after that.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

well thats your opinion sometimes reflecting the past helps you move forward. Like I can't do any of the things I use to do and shake my head but then have my chin to know I'm sober today, simple as that dont read this thread then if you feel it'll cause relaspse. No moderators have taken it down
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by Cindi74 View Post
One thing I learned is to stay off of Facebook when you were drinking. It's worse than drinking and dialing. I think anyone on there at !:00 am has had one too many and you really can't take back what you may say there.
Oh totally! Been there! Done that!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I have deleted my fair share of facebook posts the next morning. Maybe that is why you can't delete posts here? Force people to have to see their drunk/high posts and peoples reaction to them, even if there aren't that many.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Perhaps. I used to drunk text people too and the next day they would show me these messages of jumbled letters. lmao. i had no idea why or when i sent them.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Peed on the nightstand and also on a second occasion years latter in the laundry basket thinking they were the toilet.