Notices

My weekend report back

Old 12-21-2003, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My weekend report back

Well I did it!
I went though the weekend with no alcohol.
I did not have the urge or miss it at all! I think I'll go for next weekend also...

Old 12-21-2003, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whoooooooo Hooooooo! CONGRATS! Miss thats wonderful news !

You are on your way now girl! one day at a time

HUGX
Lee
Old 12-21-2003, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go.
Don't worry about the weekend.
Just go for today.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

missbliss.........

great job!!! Keep up the good work!

:star
Old 12-21-2003, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks you guys
and I had such a wonderful weekend without it...
Got out of the house shopped alot wrapped Christmas gifts and went and saw Lord of the Rings...
Now thats what I call a good time!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi miss,
There's a lot more where those came from.
One day at a time.
Stay with us and keep us up to date.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

WTG Missbliss! As Music said, don't worry about next weekend. Now is all you have to deal with.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Missbliss, I had a great weekend, reading about yours made it even better. I am so happy for you. Just remember, it is a marathon but, like a marathon you only need to do it one step/ day at a time.
Work for today, enjoy the memory of the weekend past, and deal with the future when it arrives. Don W
Old 12-23-2003, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just one day at a time missbliss
Old 12-24-2003, 01:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi MissBliss,

That's good news - it sounds like you could be one of those lucky ones who don't succumb. Like I said before, I wouldn't worry too much about having a problem. If you stick to moderation, and monitor your consumption you should be just fine.

If you find you start drinking to cope with stress, or problems, or not being able to go out without having a drink etc., then revisit these doubts. It's important to remember that binge drinking on the weekends is often the first fledgling step in an alcoholic's career. So yeah it sounds like not making those weekends routine is a very good idea. Best wishes,

Panda
Old 12-24-2003, 02:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally posted by panadolsandwich
Hi MissBliss,

That's good news - it sounds like you could be one of those lucky ones who don't succumb. Like I said before, I wouldn't worry too much about having a problem. If you stick to moderation, and monitor your consumption you should be just fine.

If you find you start drinking to cope with stress, or problems, or not being able to go out without having a drink etc., then revisit these doubts. It's important to remember that binge drinking on the weekends is often the first fledgling step in an alcoholic's career. So yeah it sounds like not making those weekends routine is a very good idea. Best wishes,

Panda
Hi Pandy,
Geez, ya know, I gotta love ya. I clicked on this thread, saw your name there and smiled thinking, "There's my old buddy Pandy. Must be doing ok."

I read your post and ya know something Pandy, after reading it I thought to myself, "What I should do is tell Pandy that he's the last person who should be talking about being lucky, drinking in moderation, coping with stress and other problems. What Pandy needs to do is take the cotton out of his ears and put it in his mouth." But, I decided against doing that. I'll just leave it at thinking it.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I read your post and ya know something Pandy, after reading it I thought to myself, "What I should do is tell Pandy that he's the last person who should be talking about being lucky, drinking in moderation, coping with stress and other problems. What Pandy needs to do is take the cotton out of his ears and put it in his mouth."
Me old pal, me old mucker Music. Why should you say such things? If you read MissBliss's earlier topic, she used to have a few drinks over the weekend, not drink everyday.

So if I don't reel off the standard "One day at a time", and "Go to AA", and decide to tailor a bit of advice, based on my own personal experience to MissBliss, I feel I can. I don't have years of sobriety, no, but right at the moment I'm coping with stress and other problems by not drinking. I'm at the coal face. So when do I earn the right to share my thoughts? I've always made it plain what my experience is. I'm just trying to share the better parts of it.

Do I have to old, and btw increpate, and sing from the same songsheet of tarnished platitudes before I earn the 'holy' right of assisting a fellow human?
Old 12-24-2003, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just a reminder.Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and experiences here.Being rude and belittling other members based on differing viewpoints is an unfortunate character defect that some of our members have yet to have removed.Anyone needing a refresher course in forum guidelines would do well to click here and READ.

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/show...threadid=16673

phoenix
Old 12-24-2003, 10:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A new dawn, a new day...

I see you are full of seasonal good will Music...
I really don't see what point you are trying to make.
You are full of good 'firm but fair' advice, but alas, it would also appear that at times you are full of ****.
Merry Xmas!