Notices

waking up to anxiety attack

Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

waking up to anxiety attack

I've just woke up in anxiety - about an hour ago I had half bottle of an energy drink, and I went to sleep feeling sick coz I had eaten.
I do have conference next week which is stressing me out

I doubt it'll be my new tablets I've been on em 4 days and I've had em before and there same MG as my old ones - unless I ask GP to go back onto prozac.

Other it could jus be coz I haven't had a drink 2nd night
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found energy drinks don't help my anxiety at all Dawnie - can you give them a rest for a while?

hope you feel better soon
D
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

The energy drinks could be dehydrating and is not a good thing when coming off alcohol. Fruit juice and Gatorade(not sure if you get those in UK) would be better choices. I found when I first started taking this new anti-depressant that I'm on it increased my anxiety the first couple days then went away.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

why would you be drinking any "energy drink" at this point in your de tox? Please give your body time to heal....lot's of water helps.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wanted to have some coffee today but everything I've read about detox/withdrawals say excessive sugar/caffeine will prolong things so Camomile Tea is the stuff I'm pounding now... not the best idea for energy but it sure does relax you. I think for work tomorrow (first day back since my last drink) I am going to try some unsweetened cranberry/grapefruit juice/club soda mix and see how that goes.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can't tolerate energy drinks at all. I once drank a 6 pack of 500 ml cans of energy drinks and it was almost worse than alcohol. It's like legal speed in high doses.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I found energy drinks don't help my anxiety at all Dawnie - can you give them a rest for a while?

hope you feel better soon
D
I seem to be addicted to em tbh I got 2 bottles of boost I don't have em for days but then all of a sudden so ill get one and want another
Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
The energy drinks could be dehydrating and is not a good thing when coming off alcohol. Fruit juice and Gatorade(not sure if you get those in UK) would be better choices. I found when I first started taking this new anti-depressant that I'm on it increased my anxiety the first couple days then went away.
I know ta can get fruit juice over here not sure about the other one though - I've had this medication before so I doubt it'll give me anxiety attacks - it didn't last time I had it
Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I know ta can get fruit juice over here not sure about the other one though - I've had this medication before so I doubt it'll give me anxiety attacks - it didn't last time I had it
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
why would you be drinking any "energy drink" at this point in your de tox? Please give your body time to heal....lot's of water helps.
I do drink water I didn't manage to drink them 2 boosts I drunk half of bottle of one which there only small bottles I've not had one this morning I had a cup of tea instead - I just won't have an energy drink before I go bed
Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
I wanted to have some coffee today but everything I've read about detox/withdrawals say excessive sugar/caffeine will prolong things so Camomile Tea is the stuff I'm pounding now... not the best idea for energy but it sure does relax you. I think for work tomorrow (first day back since my last drink) I am going to try some unsweetened cranberry/grapefruit juice/club soda mix and see how that goes.
I didn't know that tbh :s - I don't like cranberry what is club soda
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Energy drinks aren't good for a person, somebody just died over here in my area drinking energy drinks---heart gave out and she was young, not old. I don't think they have been tested or regulated since they are a drink and not a food. I'd stay away from them. In fact, I've never drank one in my life.

club soda = seltzer water or carbonated water, I don't know what it's called in the UK.

tea or coffee is ok for you, water is better. Some people suggest orange juice and honey
Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Ditto on the caffieen and even nicoteen being bad for the anxiety I find in me it brings in on much stronger it it is already there and will bring it out sometimes if it is absent. I am not sure if that makes sense but basically it sends your mind a mile a minute and makes that feeling in your shoulders/back worse. I don't know if you get that one but I do. I stick with lots and lots of water because otherwise I get dehdrated pretty quickly and that makes everything worse as well.

INH
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Energy drinks aren't good for a person, somebody just died over here in my area drinking energy drinks---heart gave out and she was young, not old. I don't think they have been tested or regulated since they are a drink and not a food. I'd stay away from them. In fact, I've never drank one in my life.

club soda = seltzer water or carbonated water, I don't know what it's called in the UK.

tea or coffee is ok for you, water is better. Some people suggest orange juice and honey
I know a lot of ppl that drink energy drinks and they seem fine
Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
Ditto on the caffieen and even nicoteen being bad for the anxiety I find in me it brings in on much stronger it it is already there and will bring it out sometimes if it is absent. I am not sure if that makes sense but basically it sends your mind a mile a minute and makes that feeling in your shoulders/back worse. I don't know if you get that one but I do. I stick with lots and lots of water because otherwise I get dehdrated pretty quickly and that makes everything worse as well.

INH
Nope I don't get it lol - I do drink loadsa juice to with no sugar