Notices

Really need some feedback here

Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Really need some feedback here

I know we all post on here about our struggles... with everything. In 1 year I have managed to do 2 things, eliminate prescriptions and hard alcohol. I went through a period of sobriety and somehow came back around to drinking 3.2% beer. I've really cut back, but I just find myself waking up and instead of coffee its 2-3 beers with orange slices.

My struggle right now, is that I wake up feeling like my head is going to explode and after my morning beers it goes away. Yes, I'm in that cycle, but the last few days I feel very confused... 38 years old... can anyone relate? I love SRC, thanks for any support you can offer.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

I can relate to the struggle and torment. I was dragged kicking and screaming to giving sobriety a go. Despite the feelings of dread and impending doom, and predictions of long term misery, I am nearly 10 months sober and loving it.

I hope you find a way forward
Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is it that's confusing you? You seem to know what you're doing.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Had this same headache again tonight. While trying to sleep the only way I can explain it is like a sort of metallic feeling rolling through my body. This has been going on for a week now...
Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Psily,

What else are you drinking, after your morning beers? More booze, or soft drinks through the day?

x
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

I had 10 years under my belt when I picked up. I has taken me 12 YEARS to get back on the road which led me to where I am now at 20 months w/o a substance (other than Cigarettes-coffee.)
I understand your confusion. Exploding head, nerves that were on fire, depression, substitution, homelessness, jail, hospitals, rehabs, and the list goes on.
If you go to AA/NA meetings why not scope out the crowd for someone you can identify with and TALK ABOUT IT.
I needed to make a decision, choice, commitment to myself to do the only thing I knew that could free me.
Prayer,and the 12 steps in the big book (again) with my sponsor followed by LIFE.
believe
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It seems like you have made some positives steps but aren't done yet. Have you tried to deal with the headaches with over the counter remedies? Maybe if you tough it out for a few days you'll find your headaches subside. I found many of the problems which "caused" me to drink disappeared after I quit. And, of course, nothing caused me to drink but me.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Stillsleeping,
mostly water, lunch, and towards the end of the day I'll sit back and have a few. I'm noticing the visions you get when your so tired you can't stand it, but I've been sleeping pretty good.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Originally Posted by katrinka View Post
It seems like you have made some positives steps but aren't done yet. Have you tried to deal with the headaches with over the counter remedies? Maybe if you tough it out for a few days you'll find your headaches subside. I found many of the problems which "caused" me to drink disappeared after I quit. And, of course, nothing caused me to drink but me.
Yeah I don't even take aspirin. I use an herbal supplement to help with anxiety and sleep at night, it's actually helped a lot, it's called Anxiety Control from painstresscenter.com. Other than that, nothing.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hia,

So you're starting and finishing every day with booze? Sounds rough. As well as dehydrating the hell out of your body, you're pumping in toxins and not flushing out the waste. I'll bet your head hurts I'd go and see the doctor, although I guess you can imagine what s/he'll tell you.

Personally I'd go with stacks of water and a big old vitamin/mineral intake, and maybe try and gradually cut the beers down, or gradually drink them later and later in the day. Hard though - I'll be thinking about you.

Still
xx