Notices

Day 2: Dizzy and head pressure?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2: Dizzy and head pressure?

Hi all,
Just looking for opinions/experiences. I'm at just about 48 hours with no alcohol. I don't have the shakes or sweats, my pulse is pretty normal, and i don't have diarrhea. My biggest problem is that I'm very very dizzy and I had a major pressure in my head. Anyone else experience something like this??
Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't think I could even drive the first 2-3 days because of the dizzyness. I'm on day 8 and (for me at least) it is 100% gone. Hang in there.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Have you checked your blood pressure? You pulse could be fairly normal but your blood pressure can still be high. I had blood pressure problems withdrawaling, it's finally coming down after two weeks.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((CloudyDays))) - Please get checked out by a dr. Alcohol withdrawal can be serious, even fatal, and it's not unusual to have elevated blood pressure, which can cause a lot of problems.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JJB

I get dizzy when I'm low on sugar so suddenly cutting out alcohol from our "diet" would probably seem to our body as a sudden sugar drop. I also find when I stop drinking that I also (stupidly) literally stop drinking (anything!) and lack of liquids in the body also makes me dizzy.
So I would suggest making sure you're getting enough sweet things and drinks.
I read on here of a member who liked drinking seven up with cranberry juice which sounds like an excellent idea!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

My brain felt raw for the first week (or two), just like a throbbing raw nerve, down where the skull meets the spine and filled my head with the pain. I was very glad when that went away along with the nasty clammy\sweaty feeling...
Finally being able to sleep under more than just a sheet (without flooding my bed with sweat) felt great.
Keep going! You have so much to gain from the pain... Don't be afraid to ask for help\see a doctor\attend a meeting etc..

(I know it might sound bad, but Thank You for the reminder.)
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

THANK YOU for replying! I want/need to continue. As for blood pressure, I just took mine and it is 120/90 which I don't think is too bad? Reading these comments has been VERY helpful to me. I just need to connect and not feel so... scared. I can do this. I've tried many times. But I don't care about all of those times right now. I care about this time. I care about today. Ugh. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

up until day 5 i was getting pressure right above my nose and on either side of my forehead. i also generally felt terrible. lack of appetite, dizzyness or groggyness, fatigue, trouble concentrating, anxiety. i have experienced withdrawal before and this seemed much different(except for the anxiety). i went and got checked out to ease my mind and i'm glad i did. heart rate and BP were high as expected, but not terrible(bp was 141/90, i've had 210/120 on a previous withdrawal) and my bloodwork is all normal. i don't know if it was the peace of mind or if i am just getting over it, but this is now day 8 and i feel much better. hang in there, it gets better.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Definently check your blood pressure. The withdraw process from alcohol can cause spikes in blood pressure which can cause dizziness. Good for you for getting clean!. Take care!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing to do is see a Dr if you're concerned Cloudy.

D
Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please consult your doctor about how best to de tox from alcohol.
sitting around worring is really not necessary and could be dangerous.

Have you read this? Please do

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html