Notices

Can anyone help?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Can anyone help?

I'm really scared. I have had a terrible relapse after two weeks sober. I've been given a small dose of Librium by the doctor, yet it's making no difference. My son is about to get me my 4th bottle of wine, which I feel just horrible about.. The innocent shouldn't suffer.. we are waiting now for a taxi to take him to the supermarket. I'm a rotten mother, I know. This is such aa beast of a condition. I dont know why the Librium isnt working.. My heart is racing and my tummy hurts. Should I call an ambulance? I'm in the UK, so I dont know if they would see this as an emergency.
Oh I'm so scared.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sally,

Please go to the ER or Urgent care Drinking alcohol with drugs, especially the benzos like Librium is dangerous.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sally aren't you in AA? Isn't there someone local that could help. You're going to keep flirting with withdrawal if you keep drinking that much. The ER is always the safest route.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please use the taxi to go to your Dr or the ER Sally

D
Old 03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree...Forget the wine...That won't help...Take the cab to the ER...Be truthful about what you've had to drink and how much librium you've taken...Just relax...Take some deep breaths.....And get some help...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sally1009

I would, but it's 1am here in the uk. Not sure what an ER is, I suppose you mean hospital. The hospitals in England dont tend to see this kind of situation as a medical emergency. I'd have to be a lot worse, I think.
Yes, I am in AA, but havent been for weeks. I couldnt call anyone at this time of night.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Emergency room...It has to be open and they have to take you..Just be honest with them...You won't be the first one there to show up for detox...Trust me..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tell them what you feel like..And you are scared you may might not be able to make it through the night...That usually gets them to pay attention..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Sally if your not feeling good and been drinking a&e will still see you.. You might be there for a while coz its a friday night but its best to be safe than sorry
Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

ER = Casualty/Accident & Emergency
I really encourage you to go.

I'm worried about how many times you've been in this predicament.
sometimes we need outside help to get out of the situation we're in Sally.

D
Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I do too...Better safe than sorry...Sally...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Ok, have called them, and am waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Be good...Prayers are with you Sally...You have to stop this....You can't keep going like this..
Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
orangutan

Prayers for you. Let us know your o.k.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

I'm glad you are okay Sally! Please take care of yourself. I thought I was a professional drinker but could never drink 3 bottles of wine. It really worries me you drank that plus took benzos. That's a lethal cocktail.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
The alcohol will kill you. The alcohol and benzos will kill you quickly. So glad you went to the emergency room. I hope you are ok.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sally1009

I think I'm ok.. I feel very nauseous, or as we say in the uk, very sick. Am in bed, drinking lots of tea with sugar. I'm hoping against hope that this is the end of this binge. So far I have no desire for any more alcohol. However I am well aware it could return. That's the way this illness works.. Terrifying.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
So far I have no desire for any more alcohol. However I am well aware it could return. That's the way this illness works.. Terrifying.
If it does...You can't drink...You'll end up in the hospital again...Get into a program like AA or something and give it all you got.....For me..It pretty much came down to.....Do I want to live?...Or do I want to die..?....Yeah I agree with you...It is terriffying...It got me busy...
Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Morning Sapling. Thanks for your post. I didnt drink again, and feel a lot better today physically. FIY, I have been in AA for the last 12 months, and found it very helpful at first. Then last summer I had to get a new sponsor as my previous one had become too busy. The new sponsor was a mistake-she provided a great social life as she is part of a circle of women. And being a widow, having lost most of my friends, I needed a social group.
But the down side was that she turned out to be almost fanatically religious. This was a problem, as I am an atheist.
The second part of your post, about it coming down to wanting to live or die...well for me my desire to live is not very strong since my husband died, and I'm pretty much staying alive for the sake of my kids. Life holds very little prospects for me these days, very little joy.
So the main reason alcoholics are inspired to get well isn't the case for me. I want sobriety just for the sake of my family, not really for me.
So thats where I'm coming from. Thanks again for your response- I enjoy reading your posts.
Ing
Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
Morning Sapling. Thanks for your post. I didnt drink again, and feel a lot better today physically. FIY, I have been in AA for the last 12 months, and found it very helpful at first. Then last summer I had to get a new sponsor as my previous one had become too busy. The new sponsor was a mistake-she provided a great social life as she is part of a circle of women. And being a widow, having lost most of my friends, I needed a social group.
But the down side was that she turned out to be almost fanatically religious. This was a problem, as I am an atheist.
The second part of your post, about it coming down to wanting to live or die...well for me my desire to live is not very strong since my husband died, and I'm pretty much staying alive for the sake of my kids. Life holds very little prospects for me these days, very little joy.
So the main reason alcoholics are inspired to get well isn't the case for me. I want sobriety just for the sake of my family, not really for me.
So thats where I'm coming from. Thanks again for your response- I enjoy reading your posts.
Ing
Hi Sally, i am also in the UK and doc gave me the same Tabs 5mg, but wont take as want to do this on me own, but need med care, been now on a 52 day drinking 24/7 with sleeps now and then, i wake singing songs of old 70s tunes in me head and eyes twitching, but i will do this, i did want to die, sorry if that sounds harsh, but now want to live and so glad you posted. i to go to AA and find people having a moan at me all the time and get p..sed off with it all, but deep down i know its the only thing that will work

Paddyb