Notices

It's been a while

Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a while

Hey folks -

I've been a member here for a while but haven't been on in a few years.

Going through some rough stuff in my sobriety and not doing great being inside my mind - which is where I am tonight. Thankfully I was able to call someone (thank you my sweet friend) to help me not freak out so bad. I'm home alone right now as my husband is in a different state training for his new job. It'll be 15 days until I see him again. Blech.

I haven't been to a meeting in awhile and now we're about to move out of state so I'll be looking up some new meetings. I don't know that I'll be able to make one this week as I am really ill (inflamed C.O.P.D.) so here I am. I need you folks. I need some folks who are like me......sober but struggling...so I have someone to identify with.

The specifics of my issues right now include recovering from infidelity in my marriage, mental illness (I'll be hitting that forum as well), general lonliness etc. etc.......More on all that later I'm sure.

I guess that's all I'm gonna ramble about for right now....got some e-mail to send. Hoping to get some replies...maybe a few "hang in there's"....something.

Thanks for reading my ramble.....
Old 02-27-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

My mind has been playing tricks on me lately (big anger issues) and been stressed out, but that's about it. Best wishes & hope you can find some relief.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey dude, I'm sorry I'm not the person you really want to hear from, I'm struggling but not sober, but wanted to send you a hug anyway. I'm sure Dee and a whole lot of sensible, strong people are going to get in touch and say really cool things, but all I can say is the fact that you're clean is awesome. Just awesome. Stay strong, and don't feel lonely - there are people all over the world right now reading your post and thinking about you. I hope the move goes well, and good luck finding your way. xxx
Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Hey dude, I'm sorry I'm not the person you really want to hear from, I'm struggling but not sober, but wanted to send you a hug anyway. I'm sure Dee and a whole lot of sensible, strong people are going to get in touch and say really cool things, but all I can say is the fact that you're clean is awesome. Just awesome. Stay strong, and don't feel lonely - there are people all over the world right now reading your post and thinking about you. I hope the move goes well, and good luck finding your way. xxx
I do actually want to hear from anyone and everyone who is willing to support. Thank you so much for your post.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Lav
Hang in there

D
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Better

I'm feeling better now....just spent some time in the chat room and was able to get out of my own crazy mind for a while. Thanks for the posts, hugs, and prayers.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any time xxx
Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hey Lav,

Struggling happens. Hugs. Struggling is better than drinking.

Coming here helps so much, because I end up realizing that it's not worth it to start using again. It never got me anywhere I want to be, and that there is always a better way to deal.

Your coming here and sharing reminds me too. Things happen that we can't control, but we can control whether or not we drink/use, we can keep THAT particular piano from dropping on our heads.

I'm glad you chose SR and are thinking ahead to finding support after your move.