Notices

feel angry and depressed

Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

feel angry and depressed

I don't know why I feel like this but its quite scary I feel weak n red hot too, why's this?!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe you've got the Flu ??.......

Angry and depressed are par for the course in the beginning, the more meetings I went to the more I discovered that everybody felt like I did sometimes.
It'll get better as time goes on.

My wife made Teddy Bears and one of her first bears went to a lady in Warrington.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

I was naughty and had a 3 bottles of wine last night I'm finding it so hard to give up bob, I don't know what to do anymore I feel like I'm going crazy and that I'm going to hurt people through anger, atm I'm having hot sweats - any ideas on how I can keep my mind occupied
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK...you know why you feel like this Dawnie....

Why not try something different this time - whether it's counselling or AA or SMART or whatever?

can it be worse than how you're feeling now?
D
Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dawnie, I'm in the same boat with you right now. You know what the single most helpful thing I've discovered by reading through these forums? It's the idea that when you try one method of staying sober and it doesn't work, you keep trying with slightly modified approaches and keep at it until you get it right. It's the same thing Dee just said.

We're trying to break a cycle that has become a second nature to us. So it makes sense that it won't be easy. But there are many people here who have achieved long term sobriety. It seems to me that each of these individuals has found a way that truly works for them. For some it's AA, for others it's Rational Recovery or some other system. Whatever works for you, that's what you should be trying to find out.

Don't give up. You can do this!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
I was naughty and had a 3 bottles of wine last night I'm finding it so hard to give up bob, I don't know what to do anymore I feel like I'm going crazy and that I'm going to hurt people through anger, atm I'm having hot sweats - any ideas on how I can keep my mind occupied
Dawnie, the only thing that worked for me was IP rehab and regular AA meetings. I wish you the best.

Bob
Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow. I was so close to drinking last night and thus so close to feeling awful like you do. I ate a bunch of chocolate instead. I know that isn't the answer but it tied me over when it was 1030pm at night and was having crazy wanting to drink thoughts.
It's becoming more apparent long term solutions are due to be set in place.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Don't give up. Ya keep postin and are truthfull so you must be serious. First thing I do is say NO when the thought pops in my mind and then get busy doing something else. We're rootin for ya.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
OK...you know why you feel like this Dawnie....

Why not try something different this time - whether it's counselling or AA or SMART or whatever?

can it be worse than how you're feeling now?
D
I can say I've had it worse, where I couldn't walk or stand up coz it felt like I was goona fall - my bf picking my perscription up today with my new medication so seeing how that goes but need to get to AA I want during the day one coz I don't like being out at night
Old 02-24-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by F355 View Post
Dawnie, I'm in the same boat with you right now. You know what the single most helpful thing I've discovered by reading through these forums? It's the idea that when you try one method of staying sober and it doesn't work, you keep trying with slightly modified approaches and keep at it until you get it right. It's the same thing Dee just said.

We're trying to break a cycle that has become a second nature to us. So it makes sense that it won't be easy. But there are many people here who have achieved long term sobriety. It seems to me that each of these individuals has found a way that truly works for them. For some it's AA, for others it's Rational Recovery or some other system. Whatever works for you, that's what you should be trying to find out.

Don't give up. You can do this!
I'm sure we will all get there but like you said its not gonna be easy - its not a part time thing this is our addiction and our lifes.

I've been playing games on FB to keep my mind occupied I can spend hours and hours on them which is prob a good thing on the long run..
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Dawnie, the only thing that worked for me was IP rehab and regular AA meetings. I wish you the best.

Bob
I can't go into rehab due to having children I won't part with them, it killed me being in hospital when I had my youngest son last year I woke up 2am having an anxiety attack coz I. Was away from my other 2 children and I was alone it was awful
Old 02-24-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
Wow. I was so close to drinking last night and thus so close to feeling awful like you do. I ate a bunch of chocolate instead. I know that isn't the answer but it tied me over when it was 1030pm at night and was having crazy wanting to drink thoughts.
It's becoming more apparent long term solutions are due to be set in place.

Chocolate better than drinking I supose well done for not giving into temptation I wish I didn't give in
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Don't give up. Ya keep postin and are truthfull so you must be serious. First thing I do is say NO when the thought pops in my mind and then get busy doing something else. We're rootin for ya.
I aren't gonna lie about my addiction coz I know I need help
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dawnie, somebody stole the picture of the pretty girl from your avatar, I'd call the pretty girl police and find out what's going on with that!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Lol I fancied a change :p