Notices

What was the worst thing you drank?

Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Question What was the worst thing you drank?

Instead of looking back and feeling guilty and depressed, I sometimes laugh at what an idiot I was when drinking.

One night, after a late pastry arts baking class; some of the young guys were talking to me about this new drink called "Four Loco". Vez was a 275lb guy and he said two of them tore him up so bad, he woke up sleeping in his dogs house.

I was curious, they sold it at gas stations for 3 bucks a can. I told them I was going to try it. They were just baby boys, not a professional gin drinker like me. I could throw back two and not even stagger. I'll remember Vez's last words, " Don't do it baby girl, you are a buck ten. Only drink one."

I got a grape one and lemonade. It was 10:30pm when I got home and we had a luncheon the next day. I had to be back by 8am. I tried the grape one first, it tasted like koolaid mixed with anti-freeze but after five gulps I got over it. Was feeling pretty nice after finishing the first so I open the lemon one and start cleaning house.

My hubby(then boyfriend) was on a mission and called somewhere in the middle of the second can. I do not remember the call but I cussed him out and told him to never call me again.

The sunlight woke me up cause my head was pounding. No clue how I got into bed. I couldn't close my mouth. I knew I was in deep trouble. My alarm never went off. I run into kitchen and check time, 8:45. Damn, I was going to be super late. Put my uniform on, run into bathroom to brush my teeth and I see my lip. My bottom lip is sticking out like a bad botox job. I have a blood blister inside my lip. I must of done a faceplant into the tile floor.

I can't find my phone. I finally find it under the oven and the battery is under the couch. Then I see it, my jade bracelet broken in half on the tile floor. My 300$ bracelet I wore for 6 years. The asians believe it is bad, bad luck to break a bracelet. I was so upset. I hit the floor so hard my arm was bruised too.

I arrived two hours late. Vez took one look at me and said, "I told you baby girl, kicked your ass huh?" Then, I smiled, "Oh no, it sucker punched you too!" After that day, he always called me Four.

I couldn't kiss hubby(then boyfriend) when he came come my lip was so busted. I still am shocked he stuck with my crazy ass and actually thought I was worth marrying.

I never touched Four Loco again. That stuff is suicide. I think it is meant to kill poor people on welfare.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

a scotch and my buddy's chaw of red man....
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and yes, i finished it....
Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I mentioned to a friend recently about how one of the only benefits I got out of being so broke when I was a drunk, is that I could only afford the worst quality alcohol possible. So now, what I remember about the ritual of drinking, is BAD tasting vodka (Karkov) and horrible beer (Natty, Steel Reserve, etc.). It's one of the many things that prevents me from ever wanting to go back to it. Karkov is easily the worst thing I've ever had to drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), and I can no longer look at a bottle of it without literally feeling like I might vomit.

I sometimes wonder if it would be a lot harder for me to stick to sobriety if I wasn't stuck with such awful low-quality liquor all the time. Maybe if it was good tasting beer and top shelf spirits, I would have a tougher time. Who knows. It's pretty hard for me to have cravings without being reminded of such an insult to my taste buds, not to mention the hangovers straight from the depths of hell.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mouthwash and anise/peppermint extract.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lysol. No clue why.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Originally Posted by TimeInABottle View Post
Lysol. No clue why.
What in the ham sandwich? You just made me choke on my carrot stick.

What happend when you drank that? At least you smelled better than me and the Four Loco!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Originally Posted by macknacat View Post
a scotch and my buddy's chaw of red man....
What's Red Man?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh, and straight everclear with a bunch of cigarette butts in it. Cause I put my cigarette butts in the bottle so I wouldn't go dig it out of the garbage later and drink it. Which I did anyway. That was pretty awful.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tough question to answer... used to drink Four Loko a lot and enough of that mixed with enough marijuana, definitely equaled the spins and puking and blacking out... and the next morning was never fun.

Buying the cheapest quality wines, if I was unlucky enough to get a couple of bottles that were REALLY acidic and hard on the stomach, and drank both (or nearly both) my entire body would literally feel torn up the next day.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

19th century French Wine. Made me sick as a dog
Scott
Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree that 4 Loco is an evil substance. I drank 2 of the giant ones on top of god only knows how much other booze. I was an extremely heavy daily drinker & nothing made me feel as wound up & stupid as 4 loco. Horrible. Tilt (energy beer) is another bad one, used to drink that on the way to work.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scottneedspeace View Post
19th century French Wine. Made me sick as a dog
Scott
Wow, seriously?!?! What's the backstory to this?!?!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs down

Tequila 80 proof. Straight. Orange juice on the side. And with that of course swallowing back down the rising vomit. Again and again. Yeah, real nice. Idiotic.

Strawberry wine. Bad rotten misery in a bottle. Hangover hell. Gut rot.

Warmed hashish oil mixed with heated water-pipe grass resin mixed with a vodka shot followed by beer on the side. Repeat. Dumbass stupid. Followed by a blackout. Insane.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zxcirce View Post
Oh, and straight everclear with a bunch of cigarette butts in it. Cause I put my cigarette butts in the bottle so I wouldn't go dig it out of the garbage later and drink it. Which I did anyway. That was pretty awful.
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Cheapest vodka I could find and afford, mixed heavily with OJ or Diet Coke. The smell alone started me to gagging and I had a 50/50 chance of actually swallowing it without puking. After a few disgusting swigs I would either be able to get it down or I would throw my toenails up. I can barely even think of vodka without my mouth water and my stomach heaving. Ugh....
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kellye C View Post
Cheapest vodka I could find and afford, mixed heavily with OJ or Diet Coke. The smell alone started me to gagging and I had a 50/50 chance of actually swallowing it without puking. After a few disgusting swigs I would either be able to get it down or I would throw my toenails up. I can barely even think of vodka without my mouth water and my stomach heaving. Ugh....
Same here. The thought of vodka makes me completely nauseous, especially the cheap garbage I was drinking.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!
I know my sense of humor is warped but this thread has me laughing so hard I'm crying!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vichloe View Post
What in the ham sandwich? You just made me choke on my carrot stick.

What happened when you drank that? At least you smelled better than me and the Four Loco!

LOL no, there was no ham sangwich involved. It was straight Lysol. I was already way passed trashed from drinking booze. I think I was like 14 years old. I think I did it on a dare. Maybe I should have went with the Pinesol!

The other thing that I would drink was Thunderbird. OMG. But it was cheap. I was around the same age, 14/15 or so. A friend of mine and I use to go collect Pepsi/Coke bottles and cash them in. Then it was off to the store for the Thunderbird. I was so young I don't even know how/why the liquor store even sold it to me.

Vichloe, I always look forward to your postings. Hope all is going well for you in school. Sounds like it is. Did you ever thing of being a writer?

LOL, I remember also ordering a fake California I.D from the back of a magazine when I was in my early teens. It actually worked. It looked nothing like a Californina I.D. Think it cost like 8 bucks.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TimeInABottle View Post
LOL, I remember also ordering a fake California I.D from the back of a magazine when I was in my early teens. It actually worked. It looked nothing like a Californina I.D. Think it cost like 8 bucks.
I went to a local flea market when I was 17 to get a fake ID to get into the clubs. I looked older than my age so usually didn't have to show it but it was so fake looking that if I did have to show it I would be sent out the door.

What was even worse than how fake it looked is that the people that made the ID made a MAJOR mistake that I didn't catch until it was too late. For sex, it had me listed as MALE. I assure you, in no way shape or form do I look like a man ROFL!!! Ah the days of youthful stupidity...... lol.