Notices

Are Pints of Vodka Only Purchased by ALCOHOLICS?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Are Pints of Vodka Only Purchased by ALCOHOLICS?

Are the only people buying pints of vodka alcoholics? When I was drinking and I would go buy them the only others I saw buying them looked like they were leading an alcoholic lifestyle too? Further, I've never seen anyone's home bar stocked with pints of vodka. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chutzpah

Hahaha.. Probably an alcoholic that is trying to hide their booze.

My hubby was trying to help "taper" me off alcohol last month.(which didn't work for me at all) He decided to give me two airplane bottles one night. I was soooo angry. Two airplane bottles weren't equal to one drink I would pour. I was like, "this didn't even wet my whistle!"
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

LOL Yes only alcoholics buy pints of cheap Vodka. I also found it interesting when some of the bottled booze switched from glass to plastic bottles. I think that was to help drunks from dropping and breaking them or possible to use as a weapon.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
. I think that was to help drunks from dropping and breaking them or possible to use as a weapon.
HAAA. Very true, or to keep from accidentally hitting an innocent bystander on the head when said bottle is flung from a vehicle driving down the road.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I found them great for sporting events and concerts....But I'm an alkie...Funny stuff..LOL
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know...Im still picturing going to someone's house with a bar stocked with pints...That fricken kills me..
Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HaHaHa...
Old 02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When the wife will allow you to leave the house with no more than $5, one's choices become limited. Then to, there are half-pints.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah a pint you could sneak in a jacket pocket and go to a movie, sporting event, whatever. Can do that with a 5th or a handle. People that entertain a lot and have a stocked bar will never use a pint, they'll always use fifths or handles, it is a lot cheaper. These people could be alcoholics too but I'd bet 90% of the pints sold are sold to people with drinking problems.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by langkah View Post
When the wife will allow you to leave the house with no more than $5, one's choices become limited. Then to, there are half-pints.
True, the 1/2 pints are only $4.80. I was a stupid drinker too. Not that we all aren't a little off, but I would only buy one or two bottles, MAX, at the same time. So, I may buy a pint and a half. One two or three occasions I actually bought 2 pints, but normally I would buy one bottle (whether a half pint or a whole). I would down that and then get "drinkers remorse" and want to go get more. I made more damn excuses about having to get out of the house than anyone I knew. I was like a fat drunk ping-pong ball; especially since if I had already frequented one store, I certainly couldn't go back. I had to do the rotation game.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I never bought pints. I did buy miniatures though, because they were very easy to hide. I didn't ever drink anything crappier than smirnoff. I am SURE it would've gotten to that point though.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yup, cheap, easy to hide. Also used in my attempts to moderate. Pretty flat, easy to fit in my purse, great for sliding under the dresser, behind the dresser, behind books on the bookshelf, under the futon mattress, under clothes in drawers.

Man I was sick.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In my experience only alcoholics buy pints of vodka. High class vodka drinkers buy bigger more expensive bottles. Vodka was not my drink of choice and I wouldn't really notice my drinking buddies "fortifying" their intake with it. Then I would be surprised by how much drunker they were than me after drinking what appeared to be the same amount. That Vodka is some stealthy stuff!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LOL!!! Yes there are certian drinks alcoholics gravitate to. I was big on Budweiser but most beer alkies seem to want either King Cobra, or Busch Lite. I have NEVER known anyone who drank this crap who wasn't an alcoholic.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This thread is a hoot! $4.80 for a half-pint? Wow, you be drinking top shelf. I degenerated to Crystal Palace $2.50 or Skol $2.25 for a half. Before I got bad I would sip good wine, drink a couple high quality, ice cold beers, or sometimes sip really good scotch, gin, or burbon, but never vodka. It wasn't till I became seriously alcoholic that I started drinking rot-gut vodka and buying it in pints & half pints for all the reasons in the posts above. Also did the never twice the same day to the same store bit. Eventually I lost all pride and even that fell by the wayside. I really became/am pretty pathetic. I pray that I will somehow be able to escape this compulsion - one day at a time - with shorter relapses and longer periods of sobriety until it is gone forever.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I didn't care I guess. Just bought a fifth every day.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Never have I heard of a pint of vodka lol
Old 02-21-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lol. This thought had never crossed my mind. I don't think I've ever purchased a pint of anything. I always bought a fifth so I knew there would be plenty left.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

On the topic of hiding, near the end I was sneaking beer from the pantry. It was an 18 pack I think. I would buy more to replace what I drank, then keep the same box in the pantry so it appears undisturbed. After a while I forgot how much I drank and just finished it off. My boyfriend probably thought it was the neverending box of beer!! LOL.

I never bought pints but then again I was mostly at home drinking. Plus I thought it was less noticable to have liquor missing from a huge bottle than from a smaller one.

Fun thread Legalage!!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I don't even drink vodka and now some ice cold absolut sounds lovely. No worries. I won't be drinking tonight... But if I were it would be a half pint lol.