Notices

Are Pints of Vodka Only Purchased by ALCOHOLICS?

Old 12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I saw a fellow buying a pint once ,cheap vodkia . He looked almost homeless -ill never forget it .

I was a bit higher class sevdkia 1.75" S

Now I think id puke on 1 shot of vodkia ,I hated vodkia then , but the hangovers were supposed to be better ,they were not .
Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I didn't ever buy a pint. I somehow managed to sneak in bottles of wine. Sometimes 2 at a time! I had a huge purse. It was ridiculous. I kept the bottles in an empty suitcase in my closet. Ugh don't miss that!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I know I posted on this thread already, but what's the point of hiding your drinking?

My thoughts were that if someone didn't like it they could go **** themselves. Besides, it's obvious when a person is drunk, there's no hiding that.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

I know it's super old but reading all the posts in this thread just made me day lol

Bri
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lol. I always bought pints (or mickeys). They are so easy to hide. I remember the cashier at the liquor store i frequented was like..why don't you by the 1L, it's cheaper than you keep buying mickeys. He just didn't get it!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Court jester

I always kept an empty pint bottle which I would fill up nightly from a 1.5 litre bottle. I was obsessive about the number of shots I could drink and still be able to get up for work the next morning with a 0 BAL. 13.5 was my magic number. 4 shots from the big bottle and the whole pint. Of course, if I did not have to go to work the next day, all bets were off.

What I never understood are these 100ml bottles that are sold at the liquor store. That's like going to a brothel to watch.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

This was pretty entertaining. I bought wine in a box because it was cheap and my neighbors wouldn't see all the empties in the recycle bin each week. (That surely kept my secret well hidden)
Old 04-07-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
LOL Yes only alcoholics buy pints of cheap Vodka. I also found it interesting when some of the bottled booze switched from glass to plastic bottles. I think that was to help drunks from dropping and breaking them or possible to use as a weapon.
Lmao!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackoutgirl View Post
On the topic of hiding, near the end I was sneaking beer from the pantry. It was an 18 pack I think. I would buy more to replace what I drank, then keep the same box in the pantry so it appears undisturbed. After a while I forgot how much I drank and just finished it off. My boyfriend probably thought it was the neverending box of beer!! LOL.

I never bought pints but then again I was mostly at home drinking. Plus I thought it was less noticable to have liquor missing from a huge bottle than from a smaller one.

Fun thread Legalage!!
I had a never ending fifth in my freezer. I would refill it with those 375 ml bottles. Had never ending handles sometimes too. Would refill those with fifths or pints. The whole point was to make it appear that the alcohol level was going down very gradually.

Jeez, would often find empty 375 ml plastic bottles that I would hide so well, even I couldn't find them.

Often the trunk of my car had empty vodka bottles in it because I would hide my empties from my guy, once again, to make it look like I was drinking way less than I was. I always wondered what would happen if someone at work ever saw the empty bottles in the trunk. I never drank at work. I guess you can't get in trouble for empty bottles. Then we're just talking about plastic containers.

Is that not every alcoholics goal? To appear to drink less than we actually are drinking while getting incredibly drunk? I used to be great at hiding until I wasn't anymore. Long term drunks gets sloppy. What a horrible life that was.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Para View Post
Lol. I always bought pints (or mickeys). They are so easy to hide. I remember the cashier at the liquor store i frequented was like..why don't you by the 1L, it's cheaper than you keep buying mickeys. He just didn't get it!
I was just going to make a wisecrack but then my former alcoholic brain quickly saw the faulty logic.

I'll share it anyways. I was going to say:

Alcoholism 101: buy a handle and refill your Mickey.

Then.....I remembered that we bought the mickeys in an attempt to moderate. God knows I did. "Just a 375 ml tonight. Just that. Oh ####. It's gone. That wasn't enough." If there was a handle I would drink til I couldn't drink anymore. If I did fill a Mickey from a handle or even a fifth (oh yes, tried this), I would end up drinking more from the handle after the refilled Mickey was done and most likely black out. And be sick the next day. Way more sick than if I had just bought the Mickey.

So much for the wisecrack!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I always bought 1.75 liters and kept the plastic pint bottles to fill for the road. Bought two or three 1.75's at a time, put 1 in the cupboard and stashed the rest in the garage, The one in the cupboard would always stay at least half full for display purposes. Lot of effort put into staying fu@#ed. Used to be an expensive bourbon and craft beer connoisseur until I went over the edge. Wife asked me why vodka is so popular with serious drunks. Well you could mix it in almost any beverage, it taste like nothing, it's cheap and there is a false assumption amongst many fools (that included me) that it doesn't smell.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

When my drinking was really just starting to get out of control I would buy pints. I was living with my girlfriend at the time and pints were easy to hide (never fooled her).

The last few years, living alone, I would never buy less than a handle of vodka. I also worked through different vodkas to see which ones had "cleaner" hangovers. As crippling as my hangovers were, I always knew that they would be so much worse with cheap vodka so I would spend a little extra for "the good stuff".

Hadn't thought about this before, but I actually had a hierarchical system of buying. If X vodka wasn't available I would buy Y vodka. If neither X nor Y vodkas were available I'd buy Z vodka. If none of those were available I'd have to go to a different liquor store. With any other vodkas I'd be risking a worse hangover, as if it really had more to do with the BRAND of vodka I was drinking than it did the AMOUNT of vodka I was drinking.

Ugh.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I always wondered why there was a difference between one grade of vodka and another. It's all the same ingredients, right? But make no mistake, cheap vodka, especially straight up, is NASTY. Someone told me that crap vodka gets way better if you filter it a few times. I never got around to it. Beer was my poison. I remember the first time someone told me that vodka doesn't stink. Um, right...to me it smells like death. Like those bottles of dead creatures in formaldehyde in high school biology class. That makes me think of alcoholics in big jars of vodka!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Oh man, this is hilarious. It all rings so true. This really made my morning but also made me feel a bit ill

We don't call them pints here but I know the bottles you mean, I used to buy the cheapest plastic ones when I was being really good!! Like one of those just for a few hours out with friends especially for lunch or dinner where we'd drink wine and I could top up in the bathroom (and they'd wonder how I was drunk of 2 glasses) or for having to sit through things like meetings or my graduation (just remembered this, I nearly fell off the stage..), or writing an essay in the library, things like that. It wasn't anywhere near enough for me when home - then it'd be the cheapest 750 ml bottles.

I have NO control once I start so whatever I bought into the house id drink. One 750 ml a day I could do for quite a while if spaced throughout the day and I ate, but if I bought home a 1L bottle or heaven forbid a cask of wine I'd inevitably drink it all in one day and through the night no matter how hard I tried to moderate, and then I'd be on an epic binge for about a week or so before ending in hospital
What a charming pattern!!! Ick. Thanks for the reminder

Ps I just looked at those vodka pints again and can't believe that's what I thought was a really good, responsible amount to drink during the day and was proud when that's all I had. Blergh