Notices

Whats going on with me? What should I expect?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deborah55 View Post
You sound alot like I was. I am on day 20 sobriety. I did for years tell myself this was the last time I was going to buy it. Gradually my insides (same description as you basically) started hurting more and more with each drink that I took. I was suffering enough to make me quit. Detox - I hurt for about a week. I did not have tremors, but I hurt bad. - Your body is talking to you - thing is you need to answer back. Talk to your doctor and tell him everything! I think you can do it! You are thinking about it constantly so I get the feeling sometime soon your going to take on this problem head on! Just one day at a time! For you and everyone who loves you! Take care of yourself!A
Deborah: How are you now. Have the pains gone away. Have you gone to see a doctor? What did he tell you? Sorry for all the questions but you can see how nervous I am about this whole thing.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am now on day 7. The pains continue to subside and it seems that they will fade away. They are almost not there anymore. I hope this is a real positive sign that there has not been any serious damage to my insides. I have been exercising on the treadmill and eliptical machine. I am planning to buy a spinning bike with all the money I save from not drinking beer. I have already saved $112 in 7 days. Sleep isn't the best yet, but I attribute it to be likely to outside stressors, work etc. My weight is constant at 188.8 pounds. I was189 pounds last week and I thought that the weight would just start to fall off after I stopped ingesting the equivalent of 10 beers a night. At least I do not have that deep morning depression anymore. I have not had any withdrawal symptoms at all. Should I? Am I in the clear for withdrawal symptoms after 7 days?

I have been constantly wrestling with all the negatives associated with drinking (there are no positives) including the worries of damage that I may have done to my insides and what that holds for me in the future. I am angry with myself for letting it progress as long as it has and of course worsen and get a stronger grip on me. I am 48 years old. It occurred to me that even if I lived to be 80 years old and this has got to be a long shot given the alcohol abuse, I only have 32 years left to live. 32 years is no time at all. I can remember most of my life between the ages of 4 and 32 years. That went by in a total flash. This is all the time that I have left, and likely less. I will not waste another minute being drunk.

I almost feel like I have now made such a committment to break away from alcoholism that I am not the same person anymore. I want to be that person that I was before I starting drinking. God what a waste of time, money, health, relationships etc., etc., etc., etc. The way I feel right now you could not pay me to go back to drinking like that.