Notices

alcohol and drugs destroyed my life

Old 01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol and drugs destroyed my life

hey there im fugi im 26 years old and im a big time ******;/ almost everybody i know hates me. right now i only have one friend who still hangs out with me. the thing is im usualy very drunk and nodding on painkillers. i got kicked out from the hospital i worked as an intern couple of months ago and i probably wont be able to practice again. i need to quit drugs/alcohol asap. my son (3 years old))is in foster home now and i only see him once a week(i never knew his father so im the only one he has. i must get back my son it tears my heart living seperated and all the bs the social workers give me. just wanted to share wish me luck

fugi^_^
Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Fugi,

I wish you luck and I hope you have a plan for your recovery.

This may sound crazy, but when things are really bad, I try to think of the things I DO have to be thankful for. Like I am alive.

Are you going to try to get sober? Make a plan and getting your son back will happen in due time, but only if you are sober.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fugi View Post
hey there im fugi im 26 years old and im a big time ******;/ almost everybody i know hates me. right now i only have one friend who still hangs out with me. the thing is im usualy very drunk and nodding on painkillers. i got kicked out from the hospital i worked as an intern couple of months ago and i probably wont be able to practice again. i need to quit drugs/alcohol asap. my son (3 years old))is in foster home now and i only see him once a week(i never knew his father so im the only one he has. i must get back my son it tears my heart living seperated and all the bs the social workers give me. just wanted to share wish me luck

fugi^_^
hi fugi and welcome to SR! it sounds like you are pretty down on yourself and hurting bad. believe it or not this could be the starting point to begin a new much BETTER life! we have all been there in one form or another. sobriety is for those who want it! i felt just like you at one time.. everybody hated me. best of luck to you! (keep posting)
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hello fugi

welcome. I've been on SR just less than a month and it is a great place for support. help and guidance. good luck.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome fugi
You'll find a lot of support here

what's your plan to get sober and stay that way?

D
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nah, they haven't destroyed your life, just derailed it. But you can get it back on track. Great to see you taking action now (because eventually, they really would destroy your life).

Your son is so young, he will never even remember this time apart. Years from now, he will find it hard to believe that his caring, committed, and completely sober mother went through this.

You can have the life you want, if you commit to never drinking or using again, make staying sober your No. 1 priority—especially for the next few months. You can do it! Welcome to SR.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agree, you really need to quit the booze and drugs to change things. A year from now it would be a different scene entire.

Are you willing to stop, even if you feel badly for a while? Reality can take some time to get used to.

When will you begin?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

remove
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

duplicate
Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

triplicate
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NAIOU

It is amazing what drugs and alcohol can do to a person. For me I first had to admit I had a problem and then do something about it. I went to meetings for a very long time and my life changed and I have a lot of good friends. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by giving recovery a shot. Remember this if nothing changes nothing changes. Love and Respect. logo
Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Goodness that's a lot to have on your plate. Glad that your son is being protected.. now's the hard work. What's next for you?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

wow thanks for all the support i wasnt expecting this kind of warm welcome:-) im currently detoxing at home im on medication and doing fine i cant eat (this is my 4th day) but its ok. i know i need something to keep me busy hope ill find something. thanks very much for the replies i really appreciate it this was something i missed
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fugi,

I'm glad you're detoxing safely and doing well.

I agree that you need something of purpose in your life and hopefully, being sober will help you to find your way.