Notices

Very strange side effects, can anyone help?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very strange side effects, can anyone help?

I've spent the last week trying to research these symptoms I'm having and I've had absolutely no luck and was wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced them...

I currently have been drinking on a daily basis for almost 2 years with few and far days in between where I don't have a little to drink, usually only when the hangover and fatigue are just unbearable.

I just had to go to the hospital because I was vomiting blood and couldn't even hold down water to try and re hydrate myself, this was following some time off work where I would drink the entire day, passing out in between "shifts" I decided I've had enough and am going to quit drinking but these side effects are so terrible and drinking is the only thing that makes them completely stop.

The side effects I'm having are this... Intense upper abdominal pain like right underneath my chest, coughing due to the pain, as well as constant sinus drainage that somewhat chokes me up... It's the weirdest thing and I have found no information on anyone have the any of it. What's worse is the hospital told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with my stomach at all.

Since I am quitting drinking is there any suggested method? Should I cut back as quickly as I can? A lot of people are telling me to visit a doctor but due to insurance and money issues that's not really an option for me... others are saying just quit completely but I've heard thats very dangerous?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice you might have.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After reading over some of the information on the site and people's stories of how they quit I'm now really nervous of quitting, going from about half a fifth of vodka a night to one beer tonight and that's starting today. I feel better than I did earlier but I know it will come back.

The doctor's is just not an option with work and financially and neither is a detox center for the same reasons... can you even function and work with withdrawl symptoms? Now I'm just scared especially living alone.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome notime

We simply can't give you medical advice here.

Many areas in the US now have free or low cost clinics
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

and the ER is always an option if you're concerned or you want to get answers to your questions from a professional.

It's really in your best interests. I wish I had.

D
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Medical assistance is required when pain ande blood are happening.
Plese use the llink Dee provided above..you could be in serious danger.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought the world would stop turning in '89 when I went to the Recovery home. Turns out the world kept on turning just fine and I got on the road to recovery.

Get to an AA meeting pronto if you don't want to go to the Dr's. The oldtimers there will help you. When we are crashing, we are incapable of making good decisions and we need help. Get that help from AA !!

Wishing you the best of luck.

Bob R.