Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

A Dream Last Night. About Drinking. But Still Strong With Being Sober 5 Months!

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been on my mind all day. I thought I'd share this dream of mine that I had that was SO real again. Everyone's probably had the occasional drinking dream and thought it was real. here's mine and if anyone else wants to share theirs go right ahead Keep in mind the wording is like a story so I used the Italics for the story part....

I'm living back in the town of which I moved into a shared townhouse with room mates. After a few years of being sober I feel I'm ready to be back on my own. Nothing is really shown as to how I moved back or when it was decided but I'm back up in Brooklin, Ontario Canada. It's a warm summers day and I'm walking through this meadow and I'm thinking to myself how nice it would be to have a cold alcoholic drink on such a hot day. I'm sweating and rub my arm across my forehead to get rid of the sweat. But I'm telling myself that I have been through enough of this to know darn well what would happen if I drank again. But the argument in my head of the alcoholic side is winning. I'm grinning and it's like a camera zooming into my face to see an evil like grin because I have decided I shall drink, who'll know. I reach into my pocket to pull out my wallet and I'm on a sidewalk heading East on a street called Winchester. I see I have 70 dollars in my wallet. Hmmm there's a bar right there too! Maybe I'll pop in and have a few drinks and if I have enough I'll go to the liquor store right next to it! So I've decided I'll go in the bar and I do. I decide to sit down on the stool at the bar instead of a table and an actress that I've seen on tv walks over to serve me. She smiles and asks "What Can I get you today?" And I reply " Can you get me 2 rum and cokes please" I place my money down knowing how much it'll cost and she tells me alright. She is walking away and then she stops midway to the shelf of alcohol and asks for my ID. I tell her I don't have any ID. And she smirks and says she can't serve me unless I can prove I'm of age. I ask her to give me the drinks and she crosses her arms and says no. So I get up and tell her that it's her loss but of course she pays no mind to what I say. I walk out into the heat again and start walking to the liquor store next door and think to myself, at least they know who I am by now so I don't need to provide ID in there. Just means more hard liquor I can buy! I proudly walk through the doors and the cashiers smile and wave at me and I wave back and start racking up bottles to buy. I buy them and leave and I decide to crack a bottle open and get a few swigs in to celebrate that I'm finally drinking again. The taste was so good and I think to myself how I missed the taste of booze for so long. My parents show up to see me holding booze and they laugh and say Ahhh, you're having a good time once again. and they shrug their shoulders....

I pretty much woke up at that part in shock. I sat up in bed and realized it was a dream but the thing that got me the most was the craving and the excitement of what it would like if I decided to drink again once on my own again. Then I shook my head and remembered everything that occurred up to now and knowing why I can't pick up again. That dream was basically almost true in real life. I was never ID'd though and the cashiers in the liquor store up in Brooklin know me well enough that I never needed to provide proof I was 26, heck even sometimes I would go into that bar and drink 5 drinks then stop so I could look normal and go in the liquor store and buy booze and I had no problems buying because I didn't look drunk. But that craving and excitement had me baffled for the day. it was intense of wanting to pick up again just to get that thrill again of going against wishes. But I don't want to, not after everything I had to go through, not now. I wouldn't want to have the girl I'm seeing, see that ugly side of me. Anyways Just wanted to post that, get it out lol. Good night, bed time for me now it's 12am!

Last edited by TheOjibway84; 01-16-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Wanted to add in a minor detail :)