Notices

Hi

Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Alcohol is a wild drug. Been doing well with abstaining but it seems that when I go without my mind functions differently and when I have an evening of drinking the next day I feel that my head is working a bit more smoothly. Know what I'm talking about? Strange things, these chemicals that create thought and emotion.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back boiledrootbeer

I think it's a common occurrence that we become so used to using, consuming and having alcohol, we almost feel worse off without, in the early days...like we're not functioning properly.

Stick with sobriety...most of us find things can, do and will sort themselves out...

D
Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Maybe it has something to do with the brain/nervous system going into a hyperactive state after drinking, when it's being depressed with alcohol).......?
Before my hangovers got bad, I remember feeling more alert and "up" than normal the following day.... So, now that you mention it, that kinda makes sense......
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been noticing this. I think for me when I was in the cycle, a lot of what I was doing was autopilot get-through-the-day survival stuff. I wasn't thinking about my performance as much, was involved in blaming other people. Now that I'm dry, I notice my flaws more, my sloppyness. The awareness is sustained and constructive as opposed to random, guilt ridden outbursts quickly muffled with egotistical finger pointing. But sure, there are some things I just can't do, like fluently babble on and on like when I have a hangover, like ignore nuances.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by davaidavai View Post
I've been noticing this. I think for me when I was in the cycle, a lot of what I was doing was autopilot get-through-the-day survival stuff. I wasn't thinking about my performance as much, was involved in blaming other people. Now that I'm dry, I notice my flaws more, my sloppyness. The awareness is sustained and constructive as opposed to random, guilt ridden outbursts quickly muffled with egotistical finger pointing. But sure, there are some things I just can't do, like fluently babble on and on like when I have a hangover, like ignore nuances.
That hit the spot! That is exactly what I have been feeling. Thanks for posting that