Notices

Day 2 Withdrawal Symptoms

Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 Withdrawal Symptoms

Sense of despair. But the worst is these damn hand tremors, they feel like theyre never going to go away. Sucks because in 2 days I have a interview, and I know if I drink they will go away but im not going to go that route. Ugh this sucks.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, you will do fine at your job interview. Better sober and a little shaky than drunk and all the negatives drinking brings.
Best of luck to you.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The shakiness will pass eventually. I'm only on day five, and in my case they are gone completely.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

water, orange juice, a complex B vitamin...and hopefully some sleep. every day you should feel a bit better.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I drank orange juice with honey in it that helped and it tasted good too.

I hope you do well in your interview. Being nervous made my shakes worse. Hopefully you will not have to hand them papers or sign a lot of stuff. I would not think so since this is an interview.

Don't drink! My dumb ass had a few before going to interviews in the past and surprise- I did not get the job.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah ive been doing the B vitamins and multi-vitamin along with tons of water ... hopefully the shakes wont be to noticeable by thursday. But i already am feeling better than I did yesterday and better than this morning so thats a plus.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm gonna be the villain here; has anyone informed you of the possibility of DT's? Furthermore, and not to scare you, but if you were a heavy alcoholic and stop cold turkey you can actually die. Seizures! I'm only saying this because it happened to me. Day 3 I was convulsing, rapid heart beat, shaking, sped to the ER and spent a day under observation. My blood pressure was out the roof. Now I'm steady on Meds and doing much better. See your doctor!!! Some of these people will tell you it will all be ok, and maybe it will, maybe you don't need Meds, but I wouldn't risk it. I wish u the best and please talk to your doctor asap.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just got out of a 5 day medical detox I still shake but the nurse said it can be normal but different for every person def take a vit b complex. Good luck
Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Getting sober is far more important than a job interview.

Good luck in your recovery.

Bob