Notices

Detox

Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox

I just finished medical detox I had to go due to my seizures. It was a very positive experience. But now here comes the hard part I'm deciding on what program I want to do I think I'm going to try a few to see what works best for me :-)
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Date: 01-01-2012

Congratulations on getting through detox. I never suffered seizures (thankfully) but definitely struggle with mental cravings. As for a program to get sober, there are numerous to choose from. Many favor AA, while others prefer secular groups. No matter which avenue you choose, good luck with staying sober and improving your quality of life. Has in-patient rehab been recommended to you before? Requiring detox for alcohol withdrawal likely indicates you were quite addicted to the stuff.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeneyedhope View Post
But now here comes the hard part I'm deciding on what program I want to do I think I'm going to try a few to see what works best for me.
I'd say you are giving yourself pretty sound advice. And smart move on the medical detox.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! But I went through a state funded and they want you to try out patient first. I still have the shakes but they said that could last a couple of weeks and they gave me anti anxiety meds to help.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a good experience with outpatient rehab - I think it can be very useful, and one benefit is that you are in your normal environment so the skills you learn are applied in real life right away. Anyway, that's one good thing to consider.

Best wishes to you and all good health!