Notices

My story - I need you guys

Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Post Re:My story

Originally Posted by Sunny27 View Post
Hi regeneration

I am so glad knowing my story has helped you in some way.I feel the same about stories I have read in here. We may feel it, but we are not alone.

Well done on your Masters. Can I ask what it is in? How exciting for you.

I never realised that I had ambitions. Well, I had them, but when drinking there was always a reasonnot to bother pursuing them.

My life is a million miles from what it was and I am so grateful I have this chance to change it
Great story Sunny. Keep that momentum going.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrDavid View Post
Great story Sunny. Keep that momentum going.
Thank you.... I plan to

xx
Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunny27 View Post

I am so glad knowing my story has helped you in some way.I feel the same about stories I have read in here. We may feel it, but we are not alone.

Well done on your Masters. Can I ask what it is in? How exciting for you.

I never realised that I had ambitions. Well, I had them, but when drinking there was always a reasonnot to bother pursuing them.

My life is a million miles from what it was and I am so grateful I have this chance to change it
Hello Sunny, it's a creative writing non-fiction masters.... ironically I'm probably going to write a book about alcoholism (my tutor and my therapist both suggested the same idea to me.... I kept fighting it but when they both said it... I thought... "okay, maybe I should").

And counselling sounds great, I was always torn between that and writing.

And you are so right that when drinking we don't pursue our ambitions.

This is our time to do whatever we want, I'm pleased your life is so different now
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I relate to a lot of what you said. I'm single and in my late 30s too, and was a party girl with a good job and moved around a lot. I drank four nights a week. I realized at the end that my emotions were all off kilter. I didn't feel things the same way anymore, and it resulted in loneliness and depression. I spent a lot of time in my apartment surrounded by my favourite things and getting drunk.

The late 30s is a great time to stop though. It's a time in life when you can transition from the party girl to a more well-rounded, interesting and compassionate woman. I found it happened when I stopped. It wasn't a quick process. It took about two years to fully find myself again and find the relationships I deserved. It's almost three years now though and I'm so glad I am where I am now. Your time will come too. My only regret is not starting sooner.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Just wanted to bump this up for anyone struggling and who maybe can relate to my story. I am three days off 2 years without a drink and my life has changed so much for the better.

I am in year 2 of my counselling and psychotherapy degree and can say hand on heart that I have never felt better or happier and so positive about my future.

Stopping drinking has allowed me to live life the way it is meant to be lived.

Happy New Year everyone. xxxxxx
Old 12-28-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing Sunny. What a great story ending. There is hope for us all. I am at almost six months and am feeling strong and well. Your story helps my faith that this can work. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Great story. Happy New Year xx
Old 12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by huntingtontx View Post
Thank you for sharing Sunny. What a great story ending. There is hope for us all. I am at almost six months and am feeling strong and well. Your story helps my faith that this can work. Thanks.
Thank you!!! Stick with it. It is a slow but empowering process knowing you have control of your own life.

I always thought life without drink was boring. I was that messed up I could not fathom not having it in my life. I have realised now just how much it hindered me.

Kicked the smoking a year ago as well - that was a great bonus.

All the best to you all. It gets so much better when you make quitting the booze your number one priority. I feel I could actually cry with happiness sometimes. xxxxx
Old 01-01-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I’m bumping this, Sunny, as your post with your sober time came up. I was compelled to search and read your story.

You have helped so many, and you are helping me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and congratulations!
Old 01-03-2022, 07:40 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Iím bumping this, Sunny, as your post with your sober time came up. I was compelled to search and read your story.

You have helped so many, and you are helping me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and congratulations!
Free2beme, thank you for bumping this up. I just read over my first post and remember the day I sat in front of my laptop and wrote that all out.

It is beyond surreal to read that again. I was desperately sad back then. I knew I wanted to change my life and knew what I had to do, but it felt like climbing Everest. It truly is all about taking it day by day and not comparing your sobriety journey to anyone else's. We all had to have a day one.

Thanks again for linking this. It's put a big smile on my face. X
Old 01-04-2022, 05:08 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

You are soooo welcome.

🤓❤️