Notices

Ruff Conversation

Old 12-23-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ruff Conversation

After a day of drinking (but I got my to-do list done), I was confronted by my husband who suggested I might need to go to AA. I tried to be honest and agreeable to him; after all, I certainly wasn't in much of position to argue. Actually, I was relieved to admit my concerns about how out of control my drinking has gotten. He's ticked off to say the least.

There's no trying to hide it from him now. It's out in the open. I need to stop this sh@t. Sucks.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome back for another go at being sober. What about AA? Going to take your husband's suggestion to go?
Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like this is a wonderful opportunity for you.. Now is the perfect time to make your plan, take control, look after yourself, and turn your life in a different, positive, optimistic direction. There is so much to look forward to! .. Your secret is out, and that's a good thing. Now show 'em what ya got! You are stronger than you think.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
You are stronger than you think.

Ditto
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oakwood View Post
I tried to be honest and agreeable to him; after all, I certainly wasn't in much of position to argue.
So what you are saying...Is you got busted...Otherwise you'd still be lying about it. I tried playing that game for awhile...My wife told me to go to AA...Said she'd go with me just to make me go...Alcohol won..Lying won...I'm single now....Sober....And I'm happily in AA. She just got tired of it...And eventually...So did I.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, the alternative is to decide firmly you are not going to ever-ever drink.

Unless you've already tried that.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

That kind of conversation sent me to AA for the second time when I was 20 (the first: at 19, in treatment for the first time). I went to the occasional meeting for three months, smoked a lot of pot, never really got sober. Didn't want to be there.

Second conversation like that--another treatment, at...24?--but this was a different partner, and he drank, too. Didn't like me sober, suggested I stick to vodka.

The third time, still another partner, I was 34, and the decision was finally mine. By then, I was choosing relationships based first and foremost on my ability to keep drinking and drugging. I left him, went to treatment, went to AA, did the deal in AA, still in AA, sober since.

Do you want to get sober, or are you just trying to avoid problems at home?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do you want to get sober, or are you just trying to avoid problems at home?

Sugah nailed this one!