Notices

Tell me something....

Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I manage a sales team (pharmaceuticals) and travel a lot. Love my wife and two dogs. They are my motivation.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I drag race a Max Wedge powered '64 Plymouth in NHRA. I have even won a "Wally". I used to race bicycles when I was a teen. I bought a 1980 Colnago, that I have wanted since I was fifteen. I would like to ride a century this year...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Kza

I work in Kazakhstan.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

I love educating myself about anything and everything. I homeschool my autistic daughter who just turned 4. She is my daily inspiration to be the best mother I can possibly be. Music plays a HUGE part in my life as it is extremely therapeutic, my tastes are eclectic but I am a metal girl at heart! I also write poetry that I hope one day will be published.

Great thread! It's nice to get to know each other on a different level

-Jess
Old 12-30-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I am a husband, a father, and a manager at an aerospace company. I have been a member of the best choir in the country, and I love to cook and bake bread from scratch.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnrunner View Post
I have a chubby palomino horse ... an inspiration to me with his cheerful heart.
I love how animals can inspire us, not with their "simplicity," as some might say, but with the purity of their love for life. To me it's like a constant reminder that nearly all of my worries are purely in my head.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
I am a husband, a father, and a manager at an aerospace company. I have been a member of the best choir in the country, and I love to cook and bake bread from scratch.
Just guessing wildly here but: St. Olaf?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm obsessed with travel and dogs. I've visited every continent on earth including Antarctica and I have the most incredible dog Micky. I am blessed!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I adopted my pekingese <<< when I was 2 months sober, she was a 3 1/2 yr old puppy-mill rescue she's now going on 8 yrs old and she's only known the sober me; she, along with my 2 grandsons and their mother are all the motivation I need to live healthy. I love working out at the gym and I am an HR mgr for a non-profit, I quit smoking 9 mths ago.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Always, Never & Forever

I design toilet paper and paper towel packaging...the cheap stuff that's sold at stores with low prices. lol

I've always feared growing to be an old lady and being alone except for having pet cats (like the stereotype) but right now I'm 26, alone, and can't even have the cats since I developed an allergy for them. So much for fears! lol
Old 12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Love this thread!!!!

i have a "photography habit" as i like to call it. I've taken thousands of shots and have a secret desire to publish my photos. I write a lot of fictional short stories and never share them, even though i have a blog and write a (part time) column in a local publication related to work.... but would like to get the guts to publish some of my fictional stuff this year. I absolutely love taking photos.

I don't know why i love photography so much (taking photos and looking at them) but i do. so i won't ask why.

I am obsessed with music: since childhood. obsessed.

I'm a nut for Tarantino Movies, Palahniuk novels and reading is one of my fettishes - i absolutely love love love love love love curling up with a book.

I have one 15 yr old cat and one 6 month old kitten.

I love to eat soup and cheese - could live on soup (all kinds) and cheese slices forevs. and am a sucker for creamy ice cream.

I looooove to go running and run as often as possible up a major landmark and i often do it just so i can take a picture at the top.

I've been watching The Clone Wars lately, extracting Jedi words and phrases; my HP is the force, the way of the Jedi.

I'm often afraid and more expressive here, through writing, than in real life - but people don't know it.

I'm an introvert-extrovert, but people who don't know me likely think i'm sociable. but i'm not. I'd rather be behind a camera or with my nose in a book.

Oh, and i like cr4ppy tv shows. the worse the better. And murder-shows on Discovery ID. 48 hours, dateline, all that trash. Pawn stars, shows about storage units, housewives, aaaaaand i record Dr. Drew's show on HLN on my DVR. I also record 60 minutes every week.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I love being outdoors. I'm into hunting fishing collecting guns shooting and riding motorcycles. Unfortunately my drinking has potentially put all of that at risk.
Oh well if things don't work out I could always collect stamps or something.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

I love this thread so much, I had to come back! Forgot a few things...

-I adore animals and have great respect for them. I love pits but unfortunately in my living situation, we are not allowed to have pets (except fish/turtles)

-I have a red eared slider named Mr. Turtle, I know it's SO original lol

-I LOVE reading. Mostly non fiction. One of my favorite authors is Henry Rollins. I also got turned onto Charles Bukowski by a dear friend. I'll read anything and everything to do with Autism as I can never learn enough to help Moira.

-I suffer from several mental illnesses and I am breaking some silence on this issue. There is a terrible stigma surrounding mental illness and it needs to stop. It does not define who I am, it's just a part of who I am.

-I love tattoos and piercings, body mod is art in my eyes.

-I love TV. I'm into American Horror Story, Rescue Me, Law & Order, CSI, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, the Shield, NYPD Blue, Rizzoli and Isles, Southland, Parenthood, The Closer, etc etc etc lol I am sure you get the point!

-I am blessed to have a wonderful daughter, great mom and awesome friends (much love to my best friend <3 )

-Jess
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

I also work for the big, bad, gov'ment. During the warmer months I eat, sleep, and breathe motorcycles. I'm also a guitar player (although I play for myself, mainly) and am a karate student. My pet interest is architecture. My fiancee and I are crazy cat people, but hope to have some "real" children of our own soon.

And all of the above are so much easier and more enjoyable now that I'm sober.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by theatredork View Post
I work for the government. Small local office.
Me too!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I would probably have to copy one of the previous posts and say an MMORPG is my new addiction (which I believe is heather then alcoholism) but I also bike ride in the warm weather, but it about 30 degrees here now though !!!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I was a Professional Chef for 18 years then gave up my profession to spend my nights weekends and holidays with my Son. I learned the auto parts and service business from scratch and now I am ASE certified.

I love roller coasters, the higher and faster the better!

I am a glass half full kind of gal!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I enjoy cooking, painting, reading, photography, and hanging out with my family
Old 01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Fatty...hmmmm...my fasted century was 5:45 but I can't bike ATM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

For you cyclists and athletes...kudos to you! I have lost myself in the bottle. Lost all fitness...gained weight. A lot of it. Once I get this out of my system, I will get back into walking and eventually run again. I have a carbon frame bike...terrified I'd crack that sucker if I put him on the trainer.