Notices

Fear...

Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I have been sober for 13 years in April and I have been crippled by fear for the last 5 of those years. So much so, that I am now having CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) to enable me to get out of the house without family members. I worked the steps honestly and diligently and I could not understand why I became agoraphobic and depressed after I worked the steps so thoroughly. Thinking about the reasons why has made me more depressed and anxious. I have now accepted that I suffer from depression and this needs treating in a similar way to my alcoholism. I cannot do it alone! With the therapy comes hopefulness for the future and my rekindled belief in my HP has certainly helped me. Meetings, prayer and meditation and service have been the corner stone of my recovery from alcoholism. I need to "practice these principles in 'all' my affairs".
Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Smile lack of power

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
When I stopped drinking and looked at my life, I realized that every decision I had made, large and small, was based on fear. I was stunned, frustrated with myself and determined to change. I had to reconnect with my spiritual self and I found some good books to help me with that. Realizing that I had a purpose to my life helped me a lot. And, I am now 'Dancing in the Light'.
Thanks for the reminder and the solid post Sapling. I too am greatful for the relief that Anna posted after doing a thourough and FEARLESS moral inventory. In order to see the truth I had to look at many fears as well. I was afraid to let the world run itself so I tried to control pretty much everything I touched in so many ways. For example not allowing others to make mistakes without judgment or hatred was me really being afraid. Now that I know HP is in charge and not me alot of that fearfull pressure is off. That inventory is huge in keeping that going.