Notices

Quick Hello!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick Hello!

So today is day 117.

I knew to expect lots of things whilst getting myself sober. I had my 'pink cloud' then fell and nearly gave up but I managed to pull myself through it. I gotta say though that I've encountered something i did not expect. I had always thought that the rest of my life would be a constant struggle with that voice telling me it was okay to drink. I genuinely thought that urge would always be there and that I'd have to battle it to stay sober but it has faded over the time. I won't for one second think that my journey is nearing an end. I get that sobriety is a road which never ends for me but now I'm much more at peace with being on it.

I kind of lurk on here most days in the background but although I don't have much direct contact with the posters here but I want it to be clear that I thank you all for helping me. Just reading what other people have to say and how they are coping has aided me more than you can imagine. This is a fantastic community, you deserve a pat on the back.

Merry Christmas when it comes.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Butterfly Man, that was so nicely said. My sobriety date is just a day later than yours - I still got blottoed on that Sunday when you were recovering from Saturday. But, we both have stayed sober since that day, and we both owe SR and our friends here many many thanks.

You might come out of lurk mode more often, ButterflyMan. You have much to offer. Hope to see you here again soon.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the post and congrats on day 117 Butterfly - merry Xmas to you too

D