Notices

Happy Holidays, Sad Holidays

Old 12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays, Sad Holidays

Hi all!

I was in chat last night talking to a good friend and our discussion started revolving around the people we met in chat, some were nice, some were mean, some were funny and some were lil wall flowers. Irregardless, they were there for the same reason and that was to stop drinking (or whatever their addiction is). I have been totally abstinent since June and to be honest, it hasn't been that hard with the support of my family, my friends and this board. I am very grateful for that.

Well, back to my point as I digress. Some of the people I met here since June have disappeared. And I know that most likely that is due to relapse. Our conversation ended up with an agreement that our roll in chat is to show support and empathy as people start coming back after the holidays having relapsed and feeling rather poor.

So all of you reading this who have relapsed, come back when you are ready, at lest when I am in chat, I will have my arms open and a sympathetic ear open. And of course, my hope is that if I fall down, you'll be here for me.

Have a safe and sober holiday if you can. And if you can't I'll see ya in chat with open arms and a warm heart.

:shy
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Many people on this board and others don't disappear because they relapse, they just get busy with their lives and don't have as much time for web surfing -- try and think positively!

GG
Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree Twelvesteps.

I think we all have different needs when we come here. For some people, all they need is a short, maybe intense time here, as a support, and then they are on their way to recovery. Others, like me, hang around forever.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The one constant here at SR is change.

We have a constantly changing cast of characters.
It took me a while to get used to that.

I don't think everyone who leaves here relapses

I'd like to think there's a lot of people who've got what they needed and moved on - and they're now using the 'SR factor' in their happy healthy sober daily lives

I hope you have a happy festive season too Jeff
D