Notices

Do you get angry/annoyed when...

Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joybot View Post
You leave the house and everyone immediately thinks you're going for a drink?

I get annoyed when I go out for some other purpose and they all think I'm going for a drink. On one hand, it's counter productive of them to not trust me, on the other, it makes me DO want to get a drink because why would I want to get pounced on for going out to buy vitamins and juice??
It's because they love you.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

JoyBot. it's all in good reason. I've been down this path before all of us have. Let's just say at least you can accept them thinking this. Unlike my family they took major counter measures on my part and took all my money and took my account over so I can't go out to drink whenever I feel like. You know why? Because I promised so many times that I wouldn't drink and then I'd do it over again. So even if they keep thinking your going out to drink don't blame them for feeling that way. But also I'm not saying blame yourself either, alcoholism is harsh and over takes us all. SO as time goes on and you prove your staying sober they'll let down one barrier at a time. I know my parents are starting to slowly trust me but I have to keep in mind that even though I'm reaching 4 months of being sober. it's not the first time trying to stay sober, so they are a little skeptical about it this time around even though they don't say anything, like for instance my mother told me I should go shopping soon for Christmas and she said she'd give me my bankcard and I could go shop at the mall. Well when the time came she gave my father the card and took me shopping but I didn't get mad because I know I have to keep in mind what would I do if I were in their shoes? Being nervous and waiting and dreading the moment to see my son come in hammered would be something I wouldn't be able to bare either. But at least you have an open mind, but also as I said just htink how you'd feel if roles were reversed. Good Luck