Notices

What's The Worst Thing You Did in a Blackout?

Old 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Blacked out at friend's house 20 miles from my house. He drank too but he never blacks out and likes to mess with me when he's had a few. Me no like to get messed with. So he pissed me off and I went to leave. On the way out I closed his inner door (solid wood, main door to the house), and on the outside he has an aluminum door with a window on the bottom half, and a screen in the top half. I punched out the glass on my way out...

...woke up at home with blood all over the walls in my room, and some in various other parts of the house. I was scared ****-less from not knowing what happened that morning.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Got married.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Got in a wreck with a semi and was hospitalized for 5 days.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
Got married.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

There were so very many blackouts. The last few years of drinking always ended in a blackout. A couple of highlights:

1. Drove 100 miles through Los Angeles rush hour traffic to a roadside hotel where I proceeded to continue drinking for several days. I called a friend to help me, but could not tell anyone where I was.

2. Woke up after a 5 day blackout on an almost deserted island 3,000 miles from home. No one, no one knew where I was. It was snowing, there was black ice on the roads, I was still very, very drunk, and I had no food.

3. Hurt myself, my family, and all those that I hold deer deeply.

Today, I am less than a month from being sober one year. I never thought it would be possible. I never have to feel like that again. Today, I have a choice.

Jwalker
Old 05-27-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I didn't start blacking out until the last couple of years of drinking (a couple decades worth). Unfortunately I remember a lot of my stupidest and most frightening drunks because I was still aware but completely out of my mind. Last year was on a business trip out of state and went out to the bar with a coworker about 10 yrs younger than me. He started buying shots and I mistakenly thought I could keep up just like the "old days". At some point a little light went off in my head that said "go back to the hotel NOW". I told him I had to leave and walked out. I left my vehicle in the parking lot (the hotel was within walking distance) and headed toward the hotel. At some point I tripped and fell face first into the asphalt, scraping my face badly and causing a gushing nosebleed. I stumbled into some bushes and passed out. Hours later I woke up covered in urine. I stumbled back to the hotel, covered in blood and pants soaked in urine. Luckily it was 2 or 3 in the morning so no one saw me. Until... I made it back to my room, undressed except for a t-shirt and boxers, came out of the bathroom and in my drunken confusion stepped into the hallway and locked myself out of my room with no card key. Had to go down the stairs to the front desk and beg the concierge to give me a replacement key.

Next morning I woke up, face swollen and gashed up, unable to use my right hand (somehow I tore a tendon), black eye, swollen nose. At first I was pretty sure I dreamed the front desk incident but as the day wore on I realized it really happened. I packed my stuff up, walked back and got my vehicle, and left town after calling in for work and saying I had to leave for an emergency.

This was a great contract job I had landed, it paid well and if I hadn't of pulled this stunt I would still be getting work from them. It took 4 months for my hand to get back to normal. I think about incidents like this from my drinking days and how each time the ramifications would send me off on another random path through life. Like a hockey puck getting smacked from one direction to another.

BTW, I have 3 weeks today, it seems like a miracle.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Went on a bender with some Army mates and woke up with a hangover three days later about 1000 miles from my base. Realizing I was AWOL and looking at jail time I just decided stuff it and never went back preferring to ditch it for overseas and vanish until the heat went away and I was struck from the record. Was gone for a couple of years. Family and friends thought I was dead somewhere.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

There are way too many horrifying things that I did to list. The one that is the most life changing though is as clear as day.

I emailed the president and vice president of my company telling them that a decision that they made was the beginning of the end of the company and that they should tell their wives that. Not to mention some of the language that I used within.

Even still, of all the times I woke up wondering what I had done the prior evening I will never forget that morning. Opening my eyes, pondering the prior evening's events, and vaguely remembering looking at words in the body of an email. Then, the surge of agony, anxiety, and pure dread praying to God that I would log on and see it still sitting in my drafts folder. Nope, I sent that sucker. I was mortified and horrified beyond any realm that I ever had been.

Two weeks later I was fired on the date of my 6 year anniversary.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Can't remember I was blacked out
Old 05-28-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Deleted, too shameful, sorry..
So many dreadful things, I need to remember them vividly when I want to drink.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

There are a alot of different things but the worst is probably driving on long joyrides in a blackout with my friends in the car with me. I unfortunately made a habit of this and I'm so grateful I didn't kill anybody.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Oh you mean from drinking?

I was going to say went streaking. That during a power outage.

Never mind
Old 05-29-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

According to 1 of my friends, I threw a brick through a cop car window
Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Probably the worst thing I did was get used to blacking out and keep on drinking.

I'm eternally grateful I never have to wake up again trying to remember what I did last night.

D
Old 05-29-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Worst black out was when I was younger(17) was going through the local paper and seen a picture of me in the crimestoppers section. I was immediately shocked and read the article. I had walked into a fuel station at 2pm, proceeded into the toilet. The ladies working heard smashing, after a while I walked out casually, grabbed a bunch of flowers walked out and crossed the road to a hotel went up stairs and started throwing furniture off the balcony onto the road. After I left the ladies went into the bathroom and I had ripped the toilet off the wall and smashed it into pieces.

I was horrified when I read this and almost didn't believe it. After reading I went straight to the police shop and I confessed to them that was me. I was hoping it was a mistake but they showed me all the video footage. I was so shocked. You would think I would of pulled my head in after that but my drinking just got worse and worse. I'm now 24 and have been physically dependent on alcohol for nearly a year. This is my 14th day sober. Don't want to be an alcoholic anymore. I've had enough of blackouts
Old 05-29-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Thywill

if you can stop now at 24 you have a great opportuinity to live a clean life with a clear mind good luck
Old 05-29-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Said things to my husband that hurt him. To this day I don't even know everything I said, but I know it wasn't kind. I still feel sad about that.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

All I can say is someone was watching over me. Could've died. My guardian angel makes serious overtime.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by easttexasdrunk View Post
The flamingos were plastic. not funny, just pathetic. sorry.
Actually it was pretty good and reminded me of one of Hunter S Thompson's accounts of getting drink out in the country with an armory of guns.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh lord. So many embarrassing things. I was in Paris and I knocked a bottle of champagne off of the terrace at the hotel and it smashed up their sign and broke through a glass canopy over the entrance. I've had unsafe sex with people I was not remotely interested in. I got into a fight. I decided my boyfriend was cheating on me and sent some poor random girl tons of threats over the internet. I've destroyed four separate romantic relationships due to my heinous behaviors. I've severely hurt some peoples feelings and it makes me sick inside. Vodka and me aren't friends.