Notices

What's The Worst Thing You Did in a Blackout?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'd like to share mine...I mean...there are countless times that I blacked out at bars but luckily my boyfriend was by my side - at the time.

Ehm..it was at a friend's birthday at a small bar...I didn't eat anything that day. So once we went out we all started drinking...there was this girl there that I got along with and we started sharing drinks and getting rowdy together, calling people names...yelling at random older men out in the parking lot...I don't remember much. But the next morning I was MORTIFIED.
I found my boyfriend out on the couch sleeping - the worst part was that he was going to work that day and it was his work friends birthday party thing.
I apparently walked home in the middle of the night 20 minute walk through cornfields and such...I took off my boots and walked in my socks...I threw pieces of clothing out like scarf, jacket and such and lost a friends brand new iPhone..luckily they found it...
But I don't remember the walk or anything...I could have gotten raped...or killed.
The worst part was that my boyfriend stayed at the bar and kept drinking with his buddies.
I guess this should have been a red flag.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I clearly remember my first blackout, when I was 23. Someone invited me to his home for dinner. We had cocktails then wine...........when I came out of the blackout I was standing on the sidewalk, very upset because I had no recollection of what happened or how I got there. It was snowing and beautiful outside. Got a taxi to go home and had to ask the driver to pull over so I could vomit.

The next day I was very concerned and knew that I'd better be careful with alcohol because, I knew, that wasn't a common experience for anyone. I think that was the last time I worried about it though...... I blacked out so often my best friend knows my story better than I do.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
Unfortunately, mine is a list...most of which should've resulted in my death, rape or incarceration. How I'm still alive today with a clean criminal record and not even a hospitalization is beyond me.
Driven: That's my story in a nutshell! Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

We're all soooooooo lucky to have survived such reckless behavior!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chloe03 View Post
Driven: That's my story in a nutshell! Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

We're all soooooooo lucky to have survived such reckless behavior!
Oh so true...for the grace of God. Ok...one time I woke up with a huge bruise cut on my arm and had no idea where it came from.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I got to the point to where I wanted to drink myself into a blackout. So I didnt have to feel the pain I had caused others. There are plenty of random texts sent out that I do not remember. But once I sherlock holmesed myself and discovered I took my ex's debt card and bought gas up at the local gas station. I asked my buddy who works nights and early mornings about it and he said I was there. No memory of it. Sickening...
Old 12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Gone In

I've had so many. Probably the earliest was at 14, my friend and I used to hang out by liquor stores asking customers entering the store to buy us beer. A bum finally agreed. We went with the old bum to an abondoned building, where we drank beer.

After a while the old bum pulled out a bottle of vodka, I remeber we all started drinking it and after that it gets fuzzy. I remember the bum got spooked and took off. I remember staggering through the streets yelling at cars.

I woke up at home at 3am, with no memory of how I got there. Apparently I was so smashed my firend called my folks that afternoon to come get me. Later that morning my folks told me I was vomiting clear liquid. Thay stayed up to turn me and make sure I stayed alive. I was blacked out for about 12 hours.

I kept drinking for another 20 years after that, but I never had another blackout that bad. You'd think I'd have never drank again after that but go figure.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Wil

There was one time that my wife and I were invited to go stay at a lake house with my wife's sister and husband. My wife and I had our own little section with a kitchen and stuff. Apparently we got smashed and ended up liking this one pot that was in the cabinet.

Well, we went home the next day and wife's sis calls her asking if we had the pot and we told her "no." When we got home I looked under one of the seats in the vehicle and I be damn, there was that pan. I had no idea that next morning that we took the pot. The question kept getting asked the next week because the thing didn't just disappear. My wife ended up admitting that we "accidentally took it thinking it was ours buy it was obvious that we intended to take the damn thing. Brother in law and me didn't talk for probably 4 years because of it. I couldn't blame anybody for hating me for stealing their pot. It was one really stupid mistake! Who really needs a pot that bad!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I don't remember much of anything. But woke up anytimes with hell to pay in to many ways....top two....was the last two. One, woke up in the hospital after rolling my truck twice and stopped by a pole. My truck was crushed up on it. Then I was told I was facing 5 felonies, and 1 misd. Lost my home, job, friends, and truck in 24 hrs. and was 2 states away from any family and home. Ended up pleading guilty to 2 felonies and the ext, DUI. Spent 40 days in lock down protective custody. And fines out the ass. On probatoin for 3 years. If I screw this up I will be doing 12-15 years.....

Second time, woke up in a mental hosp. for calling the popo and talking to much ****.

After all that, I knew I have a bad problem. And been sober ever since. Thank God. so I have no regrets. I got me to here. Alive, sober and free.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I don't look back, I'm not going that way.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Uh.... where do I start? I was president of the drunkest sorority on campus, if that gives you any hints.

One that comes to mind is when my husband and I were dating. I was taking shots of coconut rum one night at his apartment. I guess he was at his computer (can't remember).... anyway, I ended up on his balcony, wearing nothing but a satin robe and calling everyone on his cell number list. The only thing I sort of remember is him pouring out the rest of the rum-- I was screaming at him not to waste it!

The next morning I couldn't find my cell phone. I went looking for it, and it was in pieces in the bushes under the balcony.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I once woke up in the canal in amsterdams red light district. No idea how or why. Took me all my strength to climb out. Drank for another 17 years after that.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

For someone like me, and maybe others out there, it's the unbelievable shame and guilt that comes after the blackout that haunts me much more than my actual actions. I have never been a violent drunk and most of my friends tell me that I actually become very very friendly and happy, but this doesn't always help me. I tend to beat myself up for weeks or sometimes months over the "what ifs" I face after a blackout. It's because I can't remember (hence the blacking out) that I torment myself with absurd scenarios that I think COULD have happened. More often than not, these scenarios are ridiculous and completely illogical. . . Other times I find myself thinking about extremely small incidents and blowing them up. An example, and an embarrassing example at that, is the other night while I was out having a typical "brownout" I apparently grabbed a fellow friend of mines crotch in, what I can only hope was a joking manner. Hearing about that the following day made me very uneasy. I started thinking "why the !@#$ would I do something like that? Was it joking? Was I so drunk that I was hitting on a dude? Is it a big deal to them where next time I see this person at a bar it will be uncomfortable?" And the questions go on and on . . Currently being unemployed I actually haven't even left my house since that night because it once again shattered my self-image. . . I'm in one of those moods where I want to just leave the city I live in and go far away from everything, but I can't.

Anyway, I hope maybe this little rant will help me feel better as well as anyone else who reads it and may think "Yes! I thought I was the only one who gets those feelings"
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seeker77 View Post
For someone like me, and maybe others out there, it's the unbelievable shame and guilt that comes after the blackout that haunts me much more than my actual actions. I have never been a violent drunk and most of my friends tell me that I actually become very very friendly and happy, but this doesn't always help me. I tend to beat myself up for weeks or sometimes months over the "what ifs" I face after a blackout. It's because I can't remember (hence the blacking out) that I torment myself with absurd scenarios that I think COULD have happened.
Wow, thats so totally me... That behaviour became a reguler part of my withdrawals. I would feel humiliated, scared, and SO SO alone. After a blackout/s, I would call up a friend who had been around me, and if they didnt answer my call right away, I would assume the worst and go into even more despair. I too have spent days recovering in the home, barely leaving the house, if only for cigs. It was hell on Earth, and being that I'm only in my twenties and dont have alcoholic friends, I had to face it alone. I'd just be begging inside for everyone to tell me everything was alright... And when things were ok, I'd just get drunk again and rinse/repeat a few weekends later.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

ah those two posts above are totally me...or WERE totally me....until this past year...I don't know if my friends just stopped drinking to excess and could actually remember what I did or what....because it used to always be " No! you were fine!" " you're adorable! and so funny!"....which meant that I would drink again a week or two later.

I still get those feelings except that things that have been told to me over the past few months have included:

1. urinating in public and getting picked up by the police and put in the drunk tank...so classy in my evening dress and high heels

2. waking up with some sketch bag guy next to me in some crack house apartment using my coat as a blanket

3. bending over and telling a guy to spank me...that I was dating....and his 65 year old aunt was there...

4. Telling that aunt that I "wanted her nephews ****"

5. gettting kicked out of a bar while my friends band was playing for falling down.

6. the list goes on

I probably should have stopped years ago...but typing this out is going to carry me through the new year drink free, I hope.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

woke up UNDER an unconscious, stranger who was twice my size, managed to squirm my way out – proceeded to search the house for a piece of mail or ANYTHING that had the address on it so I could call a cab to take me home as I had no clue where I was - or who he was . . . there’s more but I’ll leave it at that . . .
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

This is my first post after lurking for a good month here.

My most recent and dangerous and scary episode: A year ago almost to the day:

I woke up naked in the yard in low 50 degree weather, a Saiga12, AR15 and my Glock on the outdoor table disassembled neatly ready to be cleaned and my gun cleaning kit all laid out.

I apparently had decided to 'kill' my handmade(by me) lawn furniture, gas grill, and two innocent flamingos after bingeing on whiskey and beer.

I wound up crying my eyes out. I don't know wtf happened.

I am thankful I live way out in the country. My dogs and cats were freaked.

That was my last major blackout. I hope its my last. It still freaks me out.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

The flamingos were plastic. not funny, just pathetic. sorry.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Opened the door to the bathroom and fell down the stairs to the basement...wrong door.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Reading this thread reminds me how far I've come. And how bad it could get if I went back to drinking!

Me + booze = devastation

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Put myself and others in danger too many times.