Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

ended up in lockup, robbed, nearly stabbed and punched

Notices

ended up in lockup, robbed, nearly stabbed and punched

Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So the plan will be similar to what you did last time?

How's that working for you? Well, I guess not too well. Maybe come up with a different plan? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

There is another way. At least one or two.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm glad you're here, checkmate, and so sorry for what you've been through....:ghug3

I can only imagine how hard it is right now - just try to stay in the moment and find some distractions, positive thoughts, things that help you get through the day.

p.s. There's no reason the next 6 months can't be better than your first 6 months of sobriety. Sometimes we just have to dare ourselves to believe.......
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Checkmate, sobriety is worth it, you're worth it.

All the best.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
I drink out of complete and utter frustration in life.
if frustration is a problem for you, it is something you can work on. It's a message, you can listen to.

Have you read the serenity prayer recently?

I have only just realised I have been trying to drink my feelings away. It doesn't work.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
I have alot of anger towards this and focusing that anger on the alcohol that is ripping my life to threads. I can no longer drink.......I need this to sink in.
I remember when I got my 2nd DUI last year and I wrote how angry I was at what alcohol had done to me. And someone wrote, Alcohol didn't do this to you, you did. Just try and remember that or this may happen again.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry this happened to you mate. I also got beaten up when I was drunk and behaving like an idiot. Been arrested too (drunk of course). I know how it feels. I've decided to stop drinking for good on new years eve. I'm going to stay in with my family and wake up to the new year sober. I'm just about done with alcohol. It's just so damaging. I feel for you because I'm in the same position. I'm 24 years old and I think that if I don't give up I will die. I have no choice. Enough is enough