Notices

Anyone been to rehab?

Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

BostonLuv! I bet you don't remember me, but I'm so glad to see you We used to talk when I was here back in 2008. You made a difference in my life, though I'm sure you never know

I hope rehab gives you what you need, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you after.

((((hugs))))
Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just got out of rehab today. I have been there for 50 days. To be honest I can't imagine anyone getting any sort of benefit from a 12 step rehab program that lasts less than 4 weeks. It took 3 weeks to properly get in touch with my feelings.

I can honestly say that it was an amazing experience. The most difficult thing I have ever had to do but I can finally say that I have been given the tools to help me fight my addiction. The first few weeks were hell for me and I can't believe I actually made it to step 5... But I wish you luck as if I got through it you can too.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Daniel

Hope everything went well BL

D
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I recognize your name Forever December for sure! I just need to think more about who you are exactly. What a sweet thing to say. Thank you.

I got out of the rehab on the 29th and am just settling into a women's sober living home. I actually moved in with one of my roommates from the rehab. The program was good. A really good experience!! I found my smile. We were kept busy from about 6:30 am-10 pm with plenty of small breaks in between. Overall the experience was way better then I expected and I made some very strong bonds with men and women. Friendships. Yeah...great experience. I should find a place on here to journal it because I know I've seen this question before(What's rehab like?) Just checking in on this thread. Thank you for all the replies. Happy New year Sober Recovery!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update BL - I'm really glad to hear you're doing ok
good to see you

D
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
I've been there. I did 30 days last April. It was really great!

That sucks that you've been on a waiting list so long, but I'm glad you finally got in.

The first two weeks I was there were very hard, being cut off from everyone I knew and surrounded by a bunch of people I didn't was very hard on me. Being without alcohol was really the least of my concerns, to be honest.

After the first two weeks I started to feel very comfortable though, and started to make connections with the other people there. When I left I was happy to get out but at the same time wish that I could have stayed longer. If I could have afforded it I would have done 90 days.

The only advice I have is make the most of your time there. It's really *you* time. It's your time to be selfish and think about your own needs and reflect and get healthy. If there are any optional activities to participate in I would definitely make yourself do them, even if you feel like just sitting around and watching tv. The place I was in had optional 12 step meetings at night in addition to the required program during the day and I was really glad I pushed myself to go to those too.

I hope it goes well! Let me know what it was like when you get back.
My experience was identical to Joshua's.

I also agree with everything else he said. Take advantage of it, and reflect.

I don't normally read, but I enjoyed reading some of a book before bed each night. I got into a little routine that I continued to follow when I got out, until I slowly slipped back into my old ways.

Good luck! Don't be scared.. Time will go faster than you think. I still kind of miss some of the people I met ( in a way I kind of wish I could have stayed a little longer). In my opinion, going home and having the temptations of going back to old friends, and back to old places, is more to worry/be scared about than actually going to rehab.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bostonluv,

thanks for the update. I'd been wondering how you were getting along. glad to here you had a positive experience in rehab. I also made some good friendships but most of them have been lost over time.

I hope we'll see more of you now that you're in sober living!

love from Lenina
Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
I found my smile.
So happy to read that Glad it was a positive experience, you can maybe start a thread to journal it, or put it in your blog? I think it'd be a lot of value to others to know what to expect - might make people more open to the idea to find out that it's positive and not as scary as they expect.

Hope to see you around some more

Oh, and I used to have a ferret in my photo way back in the day, if that jogs the memory We "hung out" in the new comer's section a lot.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I did 90 days in 1989 .......

Hated to go in, and 90 days later, hated to leave.