Notices

Here goes nothing (again)

Old 11-21-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Here goes nothing (again)

Well its Monday November 21st and I am going to attempt the week. Lots of water, and staying at work late and going to bed early even if I can't sleep, in store. As the title says here goes nothing.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
How about this time you try "here goes everything" instead?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I get your point and you are right outlook and positive attitude can go a long way, its just that I am fairly pessimistic about things.

That and it is a phrase that I use fairly often when I am trying something new, or that I don't have a real good understanding of. So I figured that it fit.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning! You can quit drinking if you want to. It can be hard but it is possible. Keep reading and posting here - there is so much support!

What all are you doing to stop drinking? Do you have a plan? I read Allen Carr's book a couple of years ago (deep down I knew alcohol was slowly destroying my life) and that helped to change how I view alcohol. Then I joined here and read RR - wow what a difference in my life!

No matter what route you choose - you've got to work at it. Nothing worthwhile in life is just given to us. Think about getting a good job, having a good relationship, graduating from school, buying a house.... There are things we have to do to get each of these. Being sober is no different!

First, you have to stop drinking and then actively fill that time (once you don't have a hangover ). Read books/RR, join AA/Smart, volunteer, read/post on SR, clean your house... whatever it takes! You have to want it. Your AV doesn't walk you to the store to buy more poison.

Also, very important, visit the gratitude thread - expressing gratitude for your life and all that you have will take you places you never imagined. Life changing!

Remember: Being a drunk is hard! Being sober is hard! Choose your hard!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by sadsoul2011 View Post
Remember: Being a drunk is hard! Being sober is hard! Choose your hard!
I love this!

The thing about the difficulty of sobriety is that it's so satisfying. Like... training for a marathon. Hard at times but awesome!

Being drunk is hard like digging a hole with a toothpick. Just freaking HARD.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Always, Never & Forever

"Choose your hard!" Oh, I love that too sadsoul! You could even go as far to say that being drunk is hard, being sober is hard, and not choosing between the two is harder. My toughest days were those when I was a drunk that wanted to be sober.

Also, sober gets easier with time and drunk doesn't!