Notices

Day 3 Who Really Cares?

Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Day 3 Who Really Cares?

I'm beginning to think that the world is against. i feel like society hates me. I am a convicted criminal, an alcoholic/addict and suffer from depression. I found some medication that I saved from when I detoxed in Feburary. I had a few slips since Feb. but last week was 100% all day/night Vodka drinking. I suppose I saved the Librium "just in case" I relapsed. I get tired of detoxing in hospitals. I owe probably 100,000 in unpaid medical bills. I haven't worked a legit job in years and was always scamming. I just started going to a new outpatient mental health clinic & they forgot to refill my anti-depressant. The quality of care is lacking but then again I don't pay taxes. The city of chicago is getting ready to sue me because of thousands of dollars in unpaid ambulance rides. A part of me doesn't even care anymore.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Justfor1, if you own nothing and have no bank account...they can sue you all they want. You can't get blood from a stone. I'm surprised with the amount of time without a job and no income you didn't apply for assistance? You should be eligible for medical too. Maybe you can look into that.

Stay with your recovery. I care you made 3 days! I think its terrific. You know you can't pull your life together without staying sober/clean. I would work on that and not let the bills bother you. There's nothing you can do about them and nothing they can do to you. There are a lot of people in your position these days. Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I think you have to decide who you want to be.

There are always going to be 'low life' scammers. Is that your lot?

I clearly remember the punch in the gut that was realizing my 'story' probably wouldn't have a big dramatic ending after all. I was just that drunk mom. Probably die in my late 50's from heart disease or cancer. Not really missed all that much by people. Leaving quite the legacy in therapist bills for my kids lamenting their ****** childhoods at the behest of a selfish alcoholic mother.

It sucks, seriously to realize that you're 'that person'. That crappy mom. That guy on the fringe of society, whatever.

But someone has to be. So is it you?

Would be nice not to be, right?

Congrats on 3 days Hope this is your journey out.