Notices

Sober And Grateful Today.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober And Grateful Today.

Hey everyone I've posted a personal blog but decided to post here on the thread today lol. I've been doing so amazing by far. Being sober today and almost coming up to 3 months again is making very happy. I haven't been honestly sober for 3 months since last years really. I was always managing to drink after a months time. So to obtain 3 months is making me feel stronger about really wanting this path once again. I say my prayers every night and every morning to my higher power. I know AA isn't for everyone but to be honest, I would never be here right now if it weren't for AA, most of us wouldn't be here a sad truth of early death would be upon us all. I know not all make it but a vast majority of us do make it.

My birthmother was an addict and alcoholic, she loved to party it up while she gave me over to my grandmother to watch over me as she partied. I don't judge my mother today. Never had. I know as a fact that we are all only human and make mistakes. I know she is proud of me today as I work harder then ever to remain sober. This is all I want now. I don't have to wake up hungover, sweating and shaking or beating myself down everyday and yet still picking up again. I don't miss it. I love my life being given back again. I work hard at my job, I love my parents and it's all paying off because I've met someone of interest and her and I are going to see Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 in 2 weeks since we know opening night and weekend will be packed. I wouldn't have met her if I wasn't taken off nights, she works in the day dind't even knew she worked there until I met her and we;'ve been keeping in touch ever since. she even called me on my birthday and left a happy birthday message I was out for dinner with the family and she must of called while I was out with them. So Iam grateful and choose this path more lol
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you appreciate what a huge accomplishment when an alcoholic stays sober days, weeks, months, years. You're proving to yourself that you don't HAVE to drink. I think getting sober was the biggest accomplishment of my life and the most important thing I've ever done. It's doing service to talk about it because you're showing others it can be done.

Well done!!