Notices

New to this, tired of being a drunk.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You should find when you stop drinking your kids are mch more fun then you thought they were. I know mine have been a lot more fun this week. Now what has changed - me I didn't drink this week so I didn't have to try to get away from them to drink, didn't have to create space from them. Yep - my kids are a lot more fun when we're all sober.

That's just your alcoholic mind talking - she's a bit h - stay away from her. Listen to us. Life is funner when your not drinking a rum runner
Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SamanthaIam View Post
Absolutely! This is me for many years. Every morning, waking up and the first thought in your head is "OH SH*T!" because you just have no idea what you've done to the people you love.

I missed out on so many good times with my family, so many sunny days, so many opportunities to hike or enjoy the outdoors because I was hungover or drunk. Mostly, I feel bad for my kids because they didn't get to have a mom who was 100% present and lucid for them.

Don't kid yourself -- your children know you're not all there. That's one of the lies we tell ourselves = that not one will notice or care, and that we're not hurting anyone but ourselves.
I had my secret (what I thought was my secret) drinking place. My van. It was one of those old type 30 yrs old vans that has a sleeper in the back and all that. I thought it was a good hide out, and hid bottles under, over, in the sides, under the seats, under the carpet.

They all knew, but it was my home away from home, parked in my driveway.

After my rehab, I made my husband get rid of that van. Out of sight. It was old anyway, and a constant reminder.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I too was most worried about how dull life would be without alcohol. It's just not so. And I wake up daily thankful that I don't have to work through a hangover to just get the day rolling.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The process of parenting means putting the well-being of your kids ahead of your own fun -- at least, drinking and partying type of fun. So even if life were more fun with alcohol, which it's not, get over it. You're messing up their lives, robbing them of a proper childhood. Sounds like you're about to cross the line where the legal problems will begin: domestic violence charges, drunk driving, child protective services involvement. Put them first. Raising healthy kids is its own type of fun.