Notices

Day 6

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

The excavation continues. I found myself accidentally wandering into the alcohol section at the grocery store, but nothing serious, nothing major. This isn't so hard for me. What's hard is coping with the depression and sense of isolation that may or may not be drink related. Sorting the old self from the new. Sorting the self.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Way to go, hang in there. I think I know exactly how you feel.

I just keep walking my dog because doing something is so much easier than doing nothing!

OB
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats on day 6! Eventually the haze will lift and things will start making sense again.

I always felt depressed without booze, but that's just the alcohol trying to suck me back in. Also I can sympathise with the isolation... one of my fears about sobriety was that I could always depend on alcohol, no matter what, to be there for me, so the thought of being sober was scary. Without alcohol I felt lost and alone... It's crazy what that stuff does to your brain to make you actually feel good about slowly killing yourself.

These are all good feelings, because it means the recovery process is working
Old 11-10-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by davaidavai View Post
The excavation continues. I found myself accidentally wandering into the alcohol section at the grocery store, but nothing serious, nothing major. This isn't so hard for me. What's hard is coping with the depression and sense of isolation that may or may not be drink related. Sorting the old self from the new. Sorting the self.
Well done on day 6 and your doin good
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well keep on going It's hard in the beginning but things will get better as time goes on as you remain sober. Im coming up to 3 months of being sober this upcoming week and I feel very pleased and grateful for the time of being sober, no more hangovers, no more missing work no more bad withdrawlas or guilt of drinking. One Day AT A Time. Works like a charm for me Good luck and continue on!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 as well. Sucks. I have done this before though and I know what to expect. It gets better with time. I must admit even after like 50 days sober I still had bouts of depression. I have never made it more than that though. Hopefully this time is the time I get sober.

Just want to say you're not alone and we all know the feeling. I have a few buddies who are like 6 years sober and it supposedly gets a lot better.