Notices

5th Day Depression

Old 10-29-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5th Day Depression

So I've been stuck in my car for 4 hours now and counting bc of this damn snowstorm. It's almost enough to push me over. Almost lost it feeling so sad and anxious and alone I'm on day 5 of sobriety and now for the first time in my life that im serious about stopping drinking I'm feeling more depressed than ever. I guess the years of alcohol abuse covered all this up and now all these emotions and memories are pouring to the surface. I feel so sad now that I look back and see what could of been of my life. I know you should look forward to the future I just can't help these feelings.
All the lost time, lost loves, and dumb mistakes made bc of my drinking.
Sorry but this is the only place I have to talk about this right now.
I'm sure this is normal in starting out your sobriety right?
Anyone else ever feel this way? Sometimes it just helps to hear others have been through the same thing.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I first quit I felt a lot of regrets. I drank solidly for about 10 years. At first I couldn't help but look back at them.

But you know what? Once the fog started lifting I stopped looking back at regrets, and instead looked forward at opportunities.

Once your head clears up a bit you're going to realise that you can now do a lot of the things that you're regretting having not done.

The first month of my sobriety was very dark. Intense depression. It really does lift though. Hang in there!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us have regrets Jallen - but the thing is the past is gone - we can't change - what we can change is what we do today, and every day after

The more I 'lived right' the more I felt I settled the balance for my past mistakes

Hope you get home soon!
D
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. And it's like I know that's true. It's just so hard to feel right now.