Notices

is anyone else worried...

Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, I'm not worried.

My mind is made up and there is no changing it - Hooray for sobriety!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
About xmas and new year?! Were you are scared your going to go back to drink because its a special event?!
Nope. When I get there maybe, right now I am focused on staying sober this weekend.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When I was early in sobriety some of my sober friends were this young couple. They held Christmas at their home that year and invited many of us to their home. There were a lot of us with no where else to go. We get there and after a bit there is a meeting in the kitchen.

I go to the kitchen and the conversation is that there is a guy there that no one knows his name. He had been at the meeting a few nights before and had accidentally been given an invitation to the dinner because the husband had seen the wife yucking it up with him after the meeting and thought she knew him, so he invited him. She didn't know the guy, they were just talking about a movie she had mentioned during the meeting. She didn't know him at all.

I had never been introduced to him so I was tasked with going out and getting his name.

I talked with him a bit and got his story. He was just a few weeks sober. His wife had moved out with the kids just a few weeks earlier and he had no family nearby. He would have set in an empty home on christmas alone if he hadn't been invited to our get together.

I will be running the thanksgiving and christmas dinner at our hall and have done it for the past few years.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Honestly, the part of my family that I celebrate the holidays with is pretty devoutly religious, so our holidays don't involve alcohol very much. I would say if anything I'll plan on being around more, since I was usually making a brief cameo appearance at events and getting back home so I could drink.

I'm looking forward to being able to give more thoughtful gifts this year.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
High on Life

Try not to worry so much about the future and try to keep it in today. Just worry about not drinking for today and then tomorrow do the same thing. If you continue to do that, you won't even realize that Xmas and New Years have come and gone.