Notices

Where oh where is my bottom??

Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
High on Life

My bottom was like a trap door that continued to fall under me because I never changed my behavior or my thinking. Decide to make this your bottom and move away from the trap door.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SexyCeloryStick View Post
Hello everyone! For those who remember me- I am back. Only this time, wiser, more mature, and have a much stricter probation.

To sum it all up over my lifespan on Sober Recovery...

1. I passed out peeing and my "wife found me"
2. I join this board in search of support, go to my first AA meeting
3. I go back to drinking and justify my 2 years of drinking as a "habit"
4. Wreck my car into an RTA bus in a total blackout
5. I am having marriage problems
6. "Serious" about quitting, stopped drinking

Since then- let me update you on my life as an alcoholic who didnt learn.

7. Two months sober and my wife cheats on me openly
8. Begin drinking again thinking this time it will be different.
9. Divorce
10. Meet a new girl and am honest about my alcoh, get married with her knowing im an alcoholic
11. She is 110% supportive toward my recovery and my occasional slips, which my addiction exploits
12. Drink for a year
13. Wreck another car, on the run from the cops, hide face down in a river for 3 hours in a spotty blackout thinking to myself "I had four drinks too many", and I shouldn't have guzzled that extra booze.
14. Jail - almost losing my wife, step-daughter, and job
15. 3 year reporting probation
16. 4 AA meetings a week, have sponsor, working step 4
17. two months sober and relapse.
Somehow I feel that people are going to feel that this sexy celory stick, isnt so sexy.

Its crazy to think in the AA meetings I attend- people talk about being "dry drunk" for 2 years for not doing the AA program. Hell, I would love to be dry drunk for two years. At least that means I would be making some sort of progress.

I highlighted where I once thought was my bottom. Now looking back on it I can only wish that is where it really ended.

I do want to thank Sober Recovery to a great extent. I am on step four of my 12 step- and I remember things with my ex-wife a lot differently than what I posted here. This tells me I have warped my memories to meet my standards. *smacks head* I cant tell you how important it is to know this.

Hello again, SR.
If I don't do any work, I forget that I am an alcoholic too. Fast. It doesn't matter if I am going to AA meetings or not.

Being a dry drunk is not possible for very long for me. I can't imagine two years. I need to do the work to get better, and I need other people to remind me that I can never drink safely again. My mind is a liar, and it lies to me and tells me that I can drink. I believe it unless I do work that moves me away from a drink.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
If I don't do any work, I forget that I am an alcoholic too. Fast. It doesn't matter if I am going to AA meetings or not.

Being a dry drunk is not possible for very long for me. I can't imagine two years. I need to do the work to get better, and I need other people to remind me that I can never drink safely again. My mind is a liar, and it lies to me and tells me that I can drink. I believe it unless I do work that moves me away from a drink.
Some people don't know what "do the work" means, and it takes awhile to figure it all out.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No one knows where your bottom is or where it will or can be. Try to make it as high as possible!