Notices

4 Months & Challenges

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 4 Months & Challenges

I've been sober for 4 months now.

I don't post very often in the forum, but it's a great support to read the comments here.

Finally, the constant physical exhaustion seems to be letting up. And I've been enjoying work and finding recognition there. However... I think I might be pushing myself too hard in that realm of my life. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how to achieve some sort of balance in my life.

I'm also realizing that staying sober isn't the solution to all of my problems. In particular, communication with my SO has improved but is still a major difficulty. Is this something common in relationships during recovery? Is it an effect of previous dynamics of codependence?

Still, I'm grateful every day to be living in my own skin and feeling committed to staying sober.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How Wonnderfull you have four months Sobriety! My first year of Sobriety was surrounded with AA Meetings & Functions. My private life sorta followed me along & did improve with time.

It all took WORK ON MY PART to stay sober. This was the hard part but I wanted my Sobriety more than any one thing in my life.

You need to give yourself some hugs & pats on the back for what you have already done.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have everything to be proud of. Don't expect too much too soon, just enjoy the incremental positive improvements.