Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

First day of temp work done. (antagonist co-worker)

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

One Month sober & working a bit... yea.

Many of my co-workers are people I have worked with before and are good people that just like to have fun while they work. There are two new people though, one of them seems easy-going so far, the other is a (sad excuse for an) antagonist, he has already got on just about everybody's nerves. lol I kinda feel bad for the guy when he tries to put me down.
I've made it a month sober with some great help from SR and friends, this guy ain't got what it takes to break me! :rotfxko Guess I need to keep shrugging off the BS, not make a scene and just let him run himself into the ground.

Edit: forgot to add; only a few of these people know about my drinking\quitting and they don't know 'the full story'.

/vent
Old 10-25-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Went to sleep around 8:30 last night and got some good rest. Waking up before the alarm this morning, I tried taking the dog for a walk, but there's too many mosquitoes outside (they're insane down here right now).
Don't have to go into work for a few hours, so I felt like typing something.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

It was a great feeling to pass up all of the liquor stores along my drive home last night, the neon signs are just a reminder of past pain and worthlessness. I might drive another way home today, it's a (somewhat) nicer drive and I don't like the busier street. I have a bit of anxiety in traffic (plus social) when the road is busy and it's a bright sunny day, it's much more easy for me to drive at night and in the early morning hours. It is getting better and I have faith that I will continue to get well.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scolova,
Thanks for your post. It made me happy. I can hear the peace in your voice

hugs
chicory
Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually, i got no sleep last night, due to an antagonistic person at work. I like your attitude, tho. to shrug it off, not make a scene, and let him run his self into the ground. I am going to use that as advice.
todays another day,
hope yours is great!

hugs,
chicory
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

yw, I know we all have to deal with 'them' in our own way and each situation is different. I was very tempted to go-off on him, but this work place is not like a schoolyard , so I had to keep myself together, I'm glad I did and will do my best today as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Minding my business is a full time job. Just sayin...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Do not act codie with these people or they'll drag you down and drown you before they inevitably drown themselves.

If someone needs help that's one thing. If its someone will continuous problems and a lousy attitude on the regular and bashes others without reasonable explanation its a bad egg.

Give one quick suggestion, shrug it off with an "I dunno", and do your thing. Don't be friendly or you're toast. You'll hear about them through the grapevine, your position on the matter is to be quick and simple at best.

People who are angry at the world will try to take people down with them. Do NOT play into this or your work or even position will suffer!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thankfully, things have settled down a lot, the 'antagonist' now understands he is not a boss and can be replaced fairly easily if he keeps trying to act like one.
another great day sober and looking forward to tomorrow.