Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I drank my way into the hospital the other night.

Notices

I drank my way into the hospital the other night.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you got in, One.

D
Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Please let us know how you went? I hope you got in too.......
Old 10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

You sre in my thoughts, I hope you are able to get treatment. Stay strong and positive!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well I cut my arms up really bad, and drank some more. Somehow convinced myself NOT to walk into traffic as I had planned, but had a friend take me to the hospital with SI and they Baker acted me. Here's the funny part-- when I was NOT suicidal, they kept me there 2 1/2 WEEKS, wanted to keep me longer, but I finally won my third appeal. This time, I TOLD them I was suicidal, and they released me after a day and a half! No clue why, they wouldn't tell me anything. I saw the doctor the day before, and she said she "wasn't going to bother with me", next thing I know, I'm getting released! Go figure. So I'm going to try to figure something out. I tried to get into rehab but my insurance won't cover it and I can't afford it. I am currently looking to get into a residential mental health facility which includes lodging and help finding a job, with on-site therapists and such.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I know in the county I live in has funds for those that qualify to pay for a bed/treatment at a treatment facility. In fact my treatment, a total of 5 months was paid for by the county.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Onewithwings View Post
Well I cut my arms up really bad, and drank some more. Somehow convinced myself NOT to walk into traffic as I had planned, but had a friend take me to the hospital with SI and they Baker acted me. Here's the funny part-- when I was NOT suicidal, they kept me there 2 1/2 WEEKS, wanted to keep me longer, but I finally won my third appeal. This time, I TOLD them I was suicidal, and they released me after a day and a half! No clue why, they wouldn't tell me anything. I saw the doctor the day before, and she said she "wasn't going to bother with me", next thing I know, I'm getting released! Go figure. So I'm going to try to figure something out. I tried to get into rehab but my insurance won't cover it and I can't afford it. I am currently looking to get into a residential mental health facility which includes lodging and help finding a job, with on-site therapists and such.
I really hope you find your way soon. it's very evident that your screaming out for help and from what you wrote and experienced, you might be feeling like it's falling on deaf ears.

sometimes you just gotta keep screaming until someone listens. and not by cutting. commit yourself daily if you have to. get baker acted again if that's what it takes. just don't give up.

you are way too important to this world to stop trying.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The doctor at the hospital where I was baker acted says she doesn't want to deal with me. I have dropped probably 3 pants sizes in the last month, not sure how much I weigh but my eating disorder is getting out of hand. I can't stay where I'm staying much longer. I can't quit cutting. I haven't drank at all because they don't keep alcohol in the house and I don't know how to get anywhere in this neighborhood, I feel trapped. My friend's mom is really stressed and I can feel that she doesn't want me here but I have nowhere else to go and that makes me more depressed. I have eaten and thrown up all their food. I am getting angry because the sharpest thing in the house is a pair of scissors that doesn't cut worth a ****. I feel so needy because I freak out when my friend goes to work or school, this makes me feel even more horrible about myself. I am depressed and suicidal and I don't know what to do about it. My friend is trying his best to help but he can only do so much. I am looking at going to a treatment facility in California in 2 weeks if my parents can help me pay for the trip. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 2 weeks, though, I have already lost I don't know how much weight and think about killing myself every day. The cuts on my body are in layers. All I want to do is get obliterated and forget it all but I can't even do that, I can't even sleep when I want to because my body won't let me. I have no idea where to turn.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Sweetie, I think you should maybe go to the ER and tell them everything you said here. Maybe somebody there will be able to help you. Another option is to get in touch with someone on the suicide hotline and tell them exactly what's going on.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Onewithwings - Get to the hospital as quick as possible, or call 911 and tell them you're suicidal. The treatment facility cannot wait, you're in desperate need of help and from what you're posting, you need it immediately.

Life is too precious to be doing this to yourself.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree maybe the ER is an option One.

There are also lots of crisis lines in these links - they may be able to give you some good advice?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

take care of yourself One - I'm sorry that people have been unhelpful, but don't let that stop you trying - reach out and get some help.

D
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am so sorry your going through this .Please get yourself some help now.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Why did the doctor say she didn't want to deal with you? Do you have a history with her?

I agree you should go to the ER.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Checking on you, Onewithwings. Hope you're OK.