Notices

Just checking in

Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Haven't had a chance to post lately but I just wanted to check in and let everyone know how I am doing.

Sure most you know what all went on these past few months. Now things are still good. Still doing the IOP as well as AA meetings, mostly morning meetings(hence why I'm up at 5:30am lol)

I have nothing to complain about these days. Things are good I'm enjoying life now a days. Workin on the house, remodeling the bathroom, and just bought a 55gallon aquarium and getting back into that hobby. Crazy stuff isn't it...I never did these things when I was drinking lol

I'm sober and last Friday was my 6 months Smoke Free date as well if you can believe that! So not only am I sober but I'm half year since I stopped smoking too(I'm very proud of that!)

I'm enjoying life again. Which is a bit different for me from how I felt a few months ago, but things are good right now.

Well except for one thing....there's a boy that's dating my 14 yr old niece

But..what I have going for me is, she is bringing him over to meet me for the first time on halloween in a couple weeks. And for those that don't know me...I'm 6'7" 345lbs...So when I meet this "young lad" I think I will let him know his intentions with my niece better damn well be respectful

But...besides that, I'm real good. I'm glad I decided to go to the IOP, and I'm glad I had the support of this site and people like Dee and others when I was having issues.

So just wanted to check in and say hello and let you all know how I am. Appreciate the support I have had here over the years, I really don't think I would be sober or smoke free if it weren't for you guys and this place! This site and all the people here CAN help you to change your life. If I didn't feel accountable to the people I know here, or the people I am accountable to at meetings or IOP then I would not be sober. And the only reason I am accountable to my meetings and the IOP is due to coming here and this place putting me on the right path. So thank you to all you and this site.

Steve
Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear things are going well Steve - try not and scare this young boy too much lol.

D
Old 10-18-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glad to hear you're back on track.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad to hear things are going well Steve - try not and scare this young boy too much lol.

D
Well...I can't make any promises there bud
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Always good to see you steve...