Notices

Remnants of the past

Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remnants of the past

I recently saw a Beer Bottle cap pushed down in the dirt of my front yard. Right near where I usually put my recyclables for pick up. I left it there.

Today I was raking the leaves and I saw it again. Something made me leave it there again, Is this remnant of the past or a reminder of where I can't go again?

Maybe I should just go out there now and pick it up.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd say toss the sucker :p
Old 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I tossed it, good riddance.

Just goes to show how much of our lives it has affected right down to the trash.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know someone that left a bloodstained book on his shelf as a reminder, I forget the story behind it but it had something to do with getting drunk and bleeding all over the place. Everyone's different I guess, that life was so miserable for me I wish I could undo it, I can't undo it so I block it out and toss all reminders. I know AA says "we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it" yea........right.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this reminded me of the weekend........ I was at a pub and as I was waiting for my coke I slouched a bit to the smell of an empty beer bottle on the bar. It smelt wrong to me so I picked it up and moved it onto the bar counter so I could remove the foul odour. My friend laughed but it was a weird moment.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I came across one in the dirt where id toss some empties, I scratched it up from the dirt and tossed it thinking someone might cut there foot.

It does remind me where Ive been and how far Ive come, found about 5 cans behind my PC desk when I cleaned it out lol, just trash...
Old 10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I went thru photo albumns and tossed out all pictures of me where I was obviously drunk.....

No need for my Grandchildren to see the old me...they never saw me take a drink and they never will...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Just goes to show how much of our lives it has affected right down to the trash.
Someone said to me once: "Your trash collectors will know if you are an alcoholic."
I agree it's awkward to be confronted with remnants of the drinking times.I think it's good to have some little reminders like these from time to time, but I got rid of the drunken pictures too.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
I recently saw a Beer Bottle cap pushed down in the dirt of my front yard. Right near where I usually put my recyclables for pick up. I left it there.

Today I was raking the leaves and I saw it again. Something made me leave it there again, Is this remnant of the past or a reminder of where I can't go again?

Maybe I should just go out there now and pick it up.
reminders are good..
Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found wine corks and little empty bottles in old purses when I was packing up to move. It was kind of surreal because, obviously I had left them there, but I felt like a different person.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am 2 months sober and left a beer in my fridge until sat lol. I wasnt even a beer drinker so i didnt think it had an effect on me..and i figured id just give it to somebody one day...haha i didnt even waste time to pour it out because of the smell so i just trashed it! =) GOODBYE BOOZE