Notices

Medication-assisted treatment

Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Medication-assisted treatment

I have been on a state-sponsored treatment regimen using the drug Campral for several months. Anyone else tried this?

The drug is supposed to help with alcohol cravings, which haven't been an issue, so perhaps it is effective. I did antabuse for many years back in the 1980s, but Campral doesn't pose the dangers of that drug.

My observation is that Campral, like any other med, won't get or keep one sober...it is only a tool that helps if one works an effective recovery program.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm glad something is working for you...

Here is our SR Rule
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm very happy the drug is working for you....
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you really don't want to drink = Anatabuse. Period. For me that was it. I tried Campral, and every other drug they claimed helped alcoholics. Nothing else worked for me.