Notices

Feeling Better:)

Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Better:)

Well I am now on day 95 and have been riding on the ragged edge of sobriety for nearly the best part of a fortnight, having to fight off the urge to drink each and every night and have come all too close on occasion. By all accounts I should have relapsed by now. I started going to AA around day 85 and simply set my sights on 90 days and now over the last two days, I reckon its paying off. Before now I just didnt really believe in recovery and reckoned I was either drinking or wasnt, and that staying sober kept me away from all the problems and horrors of alcoholic drinking or heavy binges etc. But I seem to be becoming way more social and less inhibited in my interactions with people and can now see of this trend continues I may actually find it easier to make freinds and meet new people. Not only that but I seem to have a more positive attitude and get more excited about things. Only a month or so though I could not imagine staying clean and sober as I couldnt live with myself, I figured I would have to use drugs instead, getting out of it but keeping it a secret. I'm prepared for all this to change without warning so I just enjoy things more when they are good. I think I must be suffering from Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, does anyone know anything about this?? I am thinking of going to my doctor to get some type of meds if it continues to be as unmanageable as it was a few days ago. Anyway I have gone on a bit here thanks for your support guys
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mention "unmanageable" symptoms. I kinda got lost during your post. You were mentioning positives and then did a 180. All I can say is that I wish I was on day 95, and if that were the case, I would certainly have a sence of pride about it. I quit smoking 16 months ago when everyone doubted me (obviously underestimating how hard-headed I am). After doing so, I quickly realized how happy I was to not be a prisoner anymore. You should be proud of your abstance. After the length of time that you have gone without, you are free and clear of any chemical addiction and simply hearing your mental addiction talking to you. Just be strong enough to resist.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....forward is the way to go...

I hope you will be calling your new sober friends when you get edgy.
That is what I do....
Old 10-11-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Posts have been removed....and others that quoted them.

Please remember .before posting to follow this SR Rule...

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
What worked for you regarding med's prescribed by your doctor might very well be harmful to some one else.
I realize yall are trying to help each other...and that is a good thing...
Jus re post with support rather than medical opinions.

>

Last edited by CarolD; 10-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.