Notices

Cost of Your Drinking Quiz

Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One thing I"m sure, it costed several pounds of fat in alcohol calories. Any of you guys gained a very extra size during the drinking!?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Alcohol is still a "cheap high" compared to illegal drugs.
well, maybe so, but consider that some people can slowly drink themselves to death for 40 years. Oftentimes, the illegal drugs can kill someone more quickly. If you extrapolate the cost of alcohol (and the related costs) over a long period, it could well be higher.

Either way, it sucks HUGE. I don't see the point really, justfor1...just seemed like an interesting conversation.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
no, flavinho, I was the opposite. I ended up looking like the cryptkeeper. ugh...vile...so glad those days are over!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way or something. Yeah alcohol probably does cost the same as illegal drugs, in regards, to hospital bills. I owe probably 100,000 in unpaid hospital bills. An ambulance ride alone when they scooped me off the street intoxicated was around $750. An average 3 day detox was at least 1,000 per day. But I drank cheap vodka, malt liquor and used food stamps to buy household stuff with booze in it. A hospital social worker even tried to get me into a charity program for Hazelton because she said I was costing the hospital/city so much money. I didn't get it though & wish I had the opportunity to that top notch program.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What I would do with that extra $7,000 right now!
And the lack of 49 pounds...
Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I couldn't even add the amount of what drinking has "cost me" because I lost more than just money....so glad to say that all that wasted time has turned around and I'm a productive member of this society now!! making up for lost time!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Frightening! what i found most alarming was not how much it had cost me but admitting how many nights i used to drink! Shameful!!