Notices

drinking, still.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

drinking, still.

So here I thought I had the answers! I thought I was cured! I caught my BF texting a co worker... and not about work and I LET myself!! WTF is wrong with me?? WHy am I so weak?? why are his actions an issue??
Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

Wow...ok.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Simply,

Sorry you are struggling. What have you been doing to stay sober?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JJK

i dont know how long you had sober, but we can be pretty jumpy about things newly sober.. so i understand.. but also, an excuse is an excuse.. cant let anybody or thing dictate whether youre going to take a drink or not..
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure of the situation but it's obviously upset you.
For a lot of years my only response to strong emotions was to drink.

It takes time to learn other ways to react to those kinds of situations, I think.

First thing to do is to stop drinking. Dump the rest of the bottle...and start again.

What have you been doing for your recovery Fab? I dunno, maybe you need to add some more to what you've been doing? get a support network going for the times like this when we're blindsided by emotions?

D
Old 09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

simplyfab, It's so easy to fall back on the thing we always use to ease our pain. I did it for many years, until I almost lost my life clinging to my old drinking habits.

You can learn to deal with life's blows without turning to booze. Getting numb isn't an answer. Staying clear headed to deal with things is the only way. It took me a very long time to learn that! You can get back to the business of getting well - you know what needs to be done. Glad you came here to talk about it.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Sorry you are in pain right now. I know you know that drinking won't fix it, won't help it and won't change it either....there's nothing in the world that alcohol can make better.

Thinking of you and sad you're in this place right now.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drinking because you are angry at another person is like drinking poison hoping they will die.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I hope you stop drinking quickly....

Alcohol is a depressant....so it makes each problem into a tornado.
Depression is why I quit drinking and joined my local AA.

It was the wisest move I ever made.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
Drinking because you are angry at another person is like drinking poison hoping they will die.
This is why I'm so mad at myself! Cus I did it to me! I knew better and I still gave in!
I'm drinking still. It's been 3 days now..
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your going through a rough time simplyfab. Until I learned different ways to deal with my emotions, I used alcohol to block them out. It never worked and I always made things worse. The original problem was bad enough...I made it ten times worse by drinking.

I hope you find your way into recovery again. Problems will always come up...being an alcoholic I needed to find another way to cope. Do you have any support in place?

Best Wishes To You!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dump it. Dump it all now. You can't stop drinking until you just. stop. drinking. If you have to go to detox to be safe and comfortable, then do so, even if it's just to your ER. You've got to just STOP. If it takes outside help, then get some. But please stop. You'll never get better until you stop and I hope you stop before something horrible happens. It's progressive. It always gets worse.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Originally Posted by simplyfab View Post
This is why I'm so mad at myself! Cus I did it to me! I knew better and I still gave in!
Then the BF and the alcohol win. I hope you'll be able to put down both. You don't have to live like this.

Much love.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by simplyfab View Post

Well let me say this to you simplyfab....Your wondering WHY your back to drinking, and your mad at yourself. Sounds pretty familiar to me. I was the past year sober, yet I blew it yet again and was back to drinking, and even introduced some weed and pills into the mix 2 weeks ago just for kicks this time, fun huh?

But Today I am again 8 days sober..because I stopped being so stubborn and finally did what the people here we're telling me for the past year or more. To get some outside help. Because I tried my best (and I"m a strong person) yet I tried to do it on my own and I couldn't.

So let me be the first to ask... What are you doing to change your life?

Trust me I am not in a position to give advice at the moment. But your sound like your exactly where I just came from so hence the reason I am replying.

Steve